some nice feedback...

Brazen

Re: some nice feedback...

Post by Brazen »

Okay, so I've flown in the US two-and-a-half decades ago and picked up this flight simulator hobby about a month ago. I really didn't expect it to be fun flying "fake" aircraft. However, since I discovered PilotEdge and its full coverage with its G-13s, I have to say I'm starting to enjoy this new hobby immensely.

Did my first two flights for the V-1 and V-2 and I'll gladly recommend this service to anyone. Thanks for providing this great service!
Lorenh

Post by Lorenh »

I'll add my compliments to all the others. I discovered PE when working on my IFR rating. I Found the training workshops through a google search. I passed my check ride October 31 of this year. PE is a great practice tool that helps keep the skills sharp. Thanks to all the people who make it happen.
Loren Hutchinson
Lee's Summit, MO (KLXT)
Private SEL IFR
N4336D
Frank Pate

Post by Frank Pate »

Well... PE is getting me back into the learning mode. ATC has always been direct but proper without making it personal. I can't imagine being a controller blending beginner traffic with the professionals who know there stuff. The PE staff and controllers maintain there mission which makes this a worth while investment. Thanks to the controllers and yes, even the pilots who understand that all levels of experience are flying, but we all have a common goal to learn and do our best.
sellener777

feedback

Post by sellener777 »

I am a CFII and have also been into sims since a kid. I just recently stumbled upon pilot edge. I have always known sims are an invaluable tool for the IFR rating for instrument scan and procedures. I am talking about PC sims, and maybe BATD here. The level of professionalism and reliability is terrific with pilot edge. I have one active and two prospective IFR students and plan to take advantage of this ATC network.

Any active pilots that do not utilize a sim and pilotedge to sharpen their skills are really missing out. 6 approaches under foggles VFR is a joke. And expensive. Hopefully the FAA will at some point allow PC use with pilotedge as a way to maintain proficiency without an instructor. If you can go up and fly 6 approaches under the foggles with no instruction and call yourself "current," it is utter insanity the FAA doesn't allow the use of sim/ATC to stay current/proficient by yourself in your own home.

Also, I just want to say thanks to the controllers I used today, very professional. Also, as a midwest CFI I have heard the term "tower en rout control," but never experienced it in reality. I filed SOCAL route via airways, and got a TEC route from clearance instead. Threw me off a bit, and had them read the route for clarification. It made my forehead warm! I quickly learned where to find the TEC routes after that.

You just dont get these experiences from flying local procedures in the midwest, or foggle training.

Yay Pilot edge!

-Erik N2465F
hoser70

Re: feedback

Post by hoser70 »

Hear Hear! We are talking about a giant bureaucracy though... ;-)
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Just thought I would pop you an email to say thanks to you and your staff for making your network so enjoyable to use. All your controllers are very professional and you have made me chuckle a few times when you have been controlling. I have learnt so so much in a short time and am now looking forward to getting on with the IFR ratings.

Thanks again to you and your staff.
Tim Krajcar

Post by Tim Krajcar »

A thread popped up on Reddit yesterday and was promptly filled with positive PE user testimonials. Really a fantastic contrast from the beta and launch days when threads like this would've gotten a lot of people expressing skepticism, "I don't get why you would pay for this", etc. Quite a testament to every single staff, controller, and member who's helped build this community to be what it is today. High fives all around! 8-)
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I had the opportunity to fly this weekend. It was my first real flight alone in a number of months.

My flight was between two Class D airports in the Atlanta area. Instead of being the intimidating monster that occupies far too much of my attention and concern, on this flight my communication and procedures with ATC were silky smooth and second nature. As they should be.

Many thanks to the guys at Pilotedge for such an awesome, applicable, and worthwhile service. You give flight simulation the one thing that it has never been able to fully capture (aside from the myriad idiosyncrasies of the landing flare) and make it a truly legitimate training and proficiency tool.

I promote Pilotedge to every CFI, FBO, and flight school that I come in contact with and hope the service will continue to grow.
Kortiah

Post by Kortiah »

So I've just took off my first flight on PE... Random vector appeared in my DEP procedure, messed it up, got "yelled" at, 10/10 would do it again (without the messing up part :P).

Flight on-going, I hope I won't make any another mistake (aside from browing the forum during my flight haha :D).

I thought he'd take me more than one that 1/4th of a flight to get hooked up. Boy was I wrong. Definitely subbing after the free trial.

-Thomas

P.S.: Aaaaand overstressed by my approach I turned by myself on a LOC approach, questioning myself even though I was on the right approach pattern... Learned a lot and I need appr. 2 gal of water now, felt like I passed my final oral exams again :D Thanks for this experience
whoispankaj

Post by whoispankaj »

Hello All,

After kind extension by Keith on my trial membership for a week(since i could not utilize the 2 week trial) I finally decided to try Pilotedge..Or i should rephrase it as "try myself on pilot edge"..This was my first ever online flight.I have been reading books on radio communication and have gone through the VFR workshops by Keith.But the excitement feels like you have gone on your first solo flight..How much ever ready i was,I was literally sweating out on my first radio check call to the ground.My call sign was C180D..I was using the A2A Piper Cherokee so I was planning on using cherokee 180 Delta..The C became Cessna, Cherokee and finally settled down to Charlie during subsequent radio calls..Oh Boy i could tell I was as confused as hell .I went exactly opposite on the taxiway..and then I entered the runway on Lima instead of the assigned Kilo.The controller was very patient with me and allowed me to take off from Lima.I had recently moved my trim wheel from right side to the left side..flying the traffic pattern was as fun as hell with plane out of trim ..my hands confused as to where the trim wheel has gone..haha.Finally got cleared to runway 19L and i made a decent enough landing to not crash on the runway...Boy what an experience..Loving it..Thanks Keith and all the controllers for such an awesome experience..Feels like my first solo before the actual solo...I am all joy..

Pankaj