some nice feedback...

Keith Smith

Re: some nice feedback...

Post by Keith Smith »

Got this one from one of our clients who ordered a shirt :)
I'm very impressed with the concept and execution of PilotEdge. This is one of the most innovative leveraging of technology that I've experienced, but it's the controllers (and participants) I think that really make it a success.

PilotEdge + X-Plane + ForeFlight = Aeronautical Proficiency

Keep innovating and keep promoting!
FrigginGuy

Post by FrigginGuy »

So after a few months of simming on PE, I'm ecstatic to say I've been able to start my real world training over the past few weeks! Right now, I'm up to 9.9 hours, and well on my way to a solo (if I ever get out of FAA medical purgatory). My instructor is incredibly impressed with my ATC skills and comfort speaking on the radio, and my familiarity with many general practices and regulations, and it's all due to the hard work of the entire PE team; not just the network, but these forums, and of course the workshops. With any luck, I'll have them hooking their Redbird up to PE before long!

Many thanks to the PE staff and community!

-Drew
Seattle, WA
KRNT
N434EP
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Just saw this in the Shoutbox at x-plane.org :
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-07-29 at 2.29.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-29 at 2.29.39 PM.png (190.92 KiB) Viewed 21757 times
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
ccapilot

Post by ccapilot »

I have to agree completely with what everyone has already said. What a great platform and training tool Pilot Edge is. I really love every flight I do, I can sense that it is becoming addictive... I love those training ratings as well, so far I have progressed up to I-8 and look forward to finish them all..

During this month and a half that I have been an avid user of Pilot Edge I learned and remembered a lot and definitely I am convinced that it has been a time very well spent on training and it has been a lot of fun too... Unfortunately for me because of time differences I can only use it first few hours of the service or the last few ones... but I does not matter, I like it a lot. Thank you very much Keith and all the PE staff for this wonderful tool.

Cristian.
Flying is my passion, Aviation is my life.
Cristian Caicedo
noachr

Thanks!

Post by noachr »

I just passed my instrument rating checkride, and its in a large part due to my time on pilotedge. I did a 10 day instrument course, but it ended up only taking 7 (checkride on day 7) even though I was starting from basically 0 instrument time thanks to all the knowledge and experience I had from simming. Between Keith's workshop series and the ratings program I was able to consistently amaze my instructor with my knowledge of charts, departure procedures, atc communication, approaches, and much more. I even managed a perfect DME arc on the first try (thanks I-11).

This is truly a great service and I am heartily recommending it to everyone I know who is at all interested in instrument flying.
Ryan B

Re: Thanks!

Post by Ryan B »

Awesome! Great to hear stories like this!
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

noachr wrote:I just passed my instrument rating checkride, and its in a large part due to my time on pilotedge. I did a 10 day instrument course, but it ended up only taking 7 (checkride on day 7) even though I was starting from basically 0 instrument time thanks to all the knowledge and experience I had from simming. Between Keith's workshop series and the ratings program I was able to consistently amaze my instructor with my knowledge of charts, departure procedures, atc communication, approaches, and much more. I even managed a perfect DME arc on the first try (thanks I-11).

This is truly a great service and I am heartily recommending it to everyone I know who is at all interested in instrument flying.

Wow. Just... wow.

Congratulations!
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Sensational! Congratulations on earning your instrument ticket! I'm thrilled to hear that we didn't just help you pass a check ride, but actually helped you build an understanding of what you information and skills that you need to fly safely in the system.

Edit: merging with the feedback thread.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Received this on facebok yesterday:
Just wanted to thank the controllers who just had to deal with me on my first flight on PE. Even though the flying and navigating the SID and restrictions went okey they made me realise that I have a lot of learning to do when it comes to radio communications and speedy responses. This is a great service and the controllers did a great job dealing with me and trying their best to tell me how to do a better job. I'll work on the things I've learned from this flight and hopefully I'll give it another go once I feel more secure with the com. procedures!
asad112

Post by asad112 »

Thought I could add some feedback of my own here.

After enjoying the two-week free PE trial, I decided to go ahead and make the commitment. I have been really enjoying what I have been getting thus far.

Last Friday was an especially fun flight. Around 1700PST, I was a C172 landing at KLAS, the tower controller at the time was handling myself and a landing B737 as well as some ground traffic. His instructions were well understood and very professional. It really reminded me of the kind of ATC I hear in the real world. I feel that PE will be able to supplement my training in a low-risk environment (compared to actual flying). There are only so many ATC situations you can mentally rehearse -- but being able to experience the unexpected situation, and then responding to that situation, really gets your mind going at a whole other level. As someone who tends to mumble in my speech, I especially like being able to go back and listen to my interactions with ATC and self-analyze my strengths and weaknesses.

As of right now in my flight training, I have zero logged hours. But I have completed my knowledge test and my third-class medical. I hope to start my training sometime in the middle of January next year. With the medical and test out of the way, I hope Pilot Edge will be able to provide me another card in my deck to get my training done in the most efficient way.

Looking forward to flying and talking with you all!

Adam Asmar