MyFLightRoute - Audio ATIS messages

stevekirks

Re: MyFLightRoute - Audio ATIS messages

Post by stevekirks »

kullery wrote:We got moved into our new house and I finally found some time to test a new "text to speech" audio service over the past week or so. It seems to be working pretty well. The only issue I have detected has been the occasional mispronounciation of "wind".

It is currently limited to 1000 audio messages per day. In order to stay below that limit, ATIS audio message updates have been disabled between 8:00z - 14:00z.

ATIS audio messages are available at http://www.myflightroute.com/atisplay.php or on the CRAFT page for your selected flight route.

Thank you to the users that provided feedback during the testing and please let me know if you notice any issues.

Keith- the terms of use for the new TTS service do not restrict the use of the resulting audio file so there should be no issues if/when you wish to integrate this functionality.
Yaaaaa---hooooo! I've been missing the voice part for sure. Thanks Ken and congrats on the move.
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

Huge props to you Ken well done...thanks for the support to the community!
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Pardon my ignorance as I have no coding experience with anything, but would it be difficult for someone to develop a simple Xplane plugin to incorporate MFR’s ATIS into the sim via a plugin window? Seems like a decent start to getting PE’s ATIS in the sim via frequencies (which I understand is quite difficult).
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

That would be an x-plane specific solution that bypasses the radio system. We're pursuing something which would not be sim-specific and uses the radio system.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

All ATIS's are showing OTS.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
kullery

Post by kullery »

kevin meyers wrote:All ATIS's are showing OTS.
aviationweather.gov which provides METARS for MFR, is out of service.

edit: service now appears to be restored
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5