Upcoming demo: Aug 29, Monday

Keith Smith

Upcoming demo: Aug 29, Monday

Post by Keith Smith »

Precision Flight Controls will be hosting a high profile jet manufacturer for a demo of their equipment. PFC plans to demo PilotEdge at the same time.

I will post the details regarding timing and duration as soon as I have them.

If controllers and pilots are available to fly/control Long Beach, that would be great!

This will likely be midafternoon affair, pacific time.
DrZGard

Re: Upcoming demo: Aug 29, Monday

Post by DrZGard »

I might add PFC's call number is N1055M so if someone out there is using the PFC certified version of xPlane the aircraft might have this call sign as default. Set a different call sign so you don't step on them. I am speaking from experience :oops: . You can go in via the plane maker and in the viewpoint tab change the call sign to one you desire and it will be sent to xPlane and the label on your aircraft panel will display the new one you input.
Regards,
Dr. Zane Gard
ASEL IFR

AOPA #00915027
EAA #825848
American Mensa #100314888
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Got some more info on this tonight. They're arriving at 1pm PDT. I'm working on getting a specific demo time from them.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Is it OK for the newbies like me to fly during the demo?

I do not want to lower the professional image of PE.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If you fly an aircraft with which you are comfortable, and you are confident that you can keep the ATC communications fairly professional (no technical questions), then I don't have a problem with it.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Should happen a little bit after 1pm PDT (that's as specific as I can be unfortunately). Pilots are welcome to park at LGB and monitor clearance delivery or ground. When they hear a Citation 1055M or 1555M call for IFR clearance or taxi, that would be the sign that the demo has started. Feel free to call for VFR pattern work, local IFR approaches, or pick up IFR to a nearby destination. An announcement will be made on freq once the demo is complete.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Correction: N1057M and N1555M. They're online now.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thanks to the pilots that were able to fly today and also to Eugene for helping to provide the ATC. The jet manufacturer was impressed with what they saw.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

Dang! I missed the demo. Didn't even see the notice until today.

Once you implement your frequent flier program, you may consider sending out an email to your FF pilots to let them know about the event. If they get to fly for free, then there would be nothing wrong with asking them to help support you during your demos.