a spot of rain coming to New Jersey this w/end

Keith Smith

a spot of rain coming to New Jersey this w/end

Post by Keith Smith »

I'm told that an umbrella might be in order this weekend for those of us living in the northeast, and perhaps an Ark.

Hurricane Irene may well take out the power and internet connection at the office, which will make this forum, the web site, and the PE service unavailable until the power and net connection are restored. The storm should be here by mid afternoon on Sunday, so we should know well before the beta begins.

If the site, forum, and service are down, don't panic...it'll come back eventually, but maybe not in time for the beta.

Yes, the plan is to move this to a hosted facility soon to avoid issues like this, although, truthfully, something like this may well take out a data center's connectivity, too.
TheMadDocMD

Re: a spot of rain coming to New Jersey this w/end

Post by TheMadDocMD »

<<Just a friendly BUMP/Reminder>>

Plus wanted to wish all of you from the NorthEast good thoughts - Stay safe out there!
MD
Real World Controller
FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) Graduate - Sacramento, CA
FAA Certificated Aircraft Dispatcher
Keith Smith

Re: a spot of rain coming to New Jersey this w/end

Post by Keith Smith »

Surprisingly, we're now starting to get outages, long after the storm passed. We're getting some decent winds here, and I suspect they're having some power issues as a result.

There have been two outages this afternoon (both less than 60 secs each). The winds are supposed to subside as the afternoon continues. I assume the power will become more reliable as that happens.