PE Virtual Airlines?

onevim

Re: PE Virtual Airlines?

Post by onevim »

Life is one of those pesky things that always seems to get in the way of things. ;-)

Sounds good, Matthias. I may or may not have time to do something with this myself. I'll keep researching. One of us will get to it... eventually. ;-)
signmanbob

Post by signmanbob »

Hey Guys,
I just joined American Airlines Virtual and they give online credit for flying on Pilotedge and have it as an online option on their company ACARs. I've only been a member for a few days, but it seems like a very large and organized VA that has been around for a while.
http://aavirtual.net/
V-3 * CAT-11 * i-11 Ratings 8-)....Yeah!!
kawfeebassie

Post by kawfeebassie »

I joined a virtual group a while ago called the Virtual Pilots Association. So far it has been pretty fun, but they only reward online flights done on VATSIM and IVAO, and a lot of the pilots are not in the US. Some of the things I like about them:

- their motto is "Free your Wings"
- you can fly VFR/IFR, GA, Non-Scheduled Charter or Cargo, or scheduled airline flights
- they have tons of awards for things like # of airports in an area, # of night flights, # of airliner flights
- they have tons of very cool tours/missions (think Alphabet Challenge but lots of them)
- to move up the ranks requires taking exams to verify your knowledge
- they have lots of forums where pilots talk about aviation (real and sim), gear/planes, skills, etc)

Some of their missions are just epic. They have a North America VFR tour that is 250 legs. The Alphabet Challenge on MyFlightRoute is popular with PE clients, but there is only 1 of them. Tours and events can be incredibly fun, and I think PE would benefit a lot of there were more *things* to do on the network in addition to just FSEconomy.

I would like to help organize something like this focused on just the PE subscription area.

- allow flying anything, anywhere\
- recognizes the PE CAT and I ratings, and then augments with additional ratings to help pilots keep increasing skills
- supports training/certification for getting aircraft type ratings
- scheduled airline flights between all the supported PE airports for airliner buffs
- allow non-scheduled charter and cargo (can use with FSEconomy)
- have lots of neat tours and awards for PE subscription area (e.g. Idaho Back Country tour)

The combination of free/open-source SimACARS (http://www.simacars.net/) and the Virtual Airlines Manager (http://virtualairlinesmanager.net/) pretty much gives you everything you needs out of the box to launch and manage a virtual airline including tours, events, awards, hubs/routes, etc. There may be others available too. The reason to use an ACARS system in addition to PE flight tracking is that it can help with establishing awards, and organizing/tracking events/tours, etc.

If anyone is still interested in this, let me know here, or on the PE Discord - @Kawfee Bassie#0270.
Dean33

Post by Dean33 »

Count me in!
Been looking at VA’s and ACAR systems yesterday and I’d prefer to stay ‘local’.
Frankly I sometimes struggle with the time for a 90 minute flight so I don’t need somewhere where the norm is long haul.
Tried FSE but it didn’t float my boat (or the equivalent aeronautical term).
Don’t forget the executive charter flights!
Dean33

UK P3DV4 Simmer
Pilotedge - I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (average 3.4mhz). GTX 1070 8mb, 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.