training program update

Keith Smith

training program update

Post by Keith Smith »

Couple of big announcements...

Rosters are now updated in real time, immediately after you complete a rating. The CAT-1 is an exception since it's manually filed by the pilot (we're working on it).

The old training site has been retired and the I-rating content has been migrated to the new web site. Recently issued ratings are shown on the home page as well as the main roster page.

We know that it was a little bit painful waiting for the rosters to update and it was becoming a significant source of workload for the controllers and Peter on the admin side, so this is a big win for everyone. Enjoy the ratings!
Keith Smith

Re: training program update

Post by Keith Smith »

And another update, the CAT-1 can now be claimed through a fully automated form (you just enter the callsign you used on the CAT-1 flight) rather than an email to ops.
jtbarton

Post by jtbarton »

Could we preform the cat-1 when the network atc is closed?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Yes, that is allowed. Be prepared, though, the server is restarted periodically outside of regular operating hours.
skyhog67

Post by skyhog67 »

Keith will you be adding some new CAT ratings soon? It would be great to get challenged some more and learn new VFR situations.

Thanks, Brett
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

skyhog67 wrote:Keith will you be adding some new CAT ratings soon? It would be great to get challenged some more and learn new VFR situations.

Thanks, Brett
Try the alphabet challenge ... that's what it is kinda there for. www.myflightroute.com
Kyle Sanders
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

skyhog67 wrote:Keith will you be adding some new CAT ratings soon? It would be great to get challenged some more and learn new VFR situations.

Thanks, Brett
The cat ratings go through a progression of flights which provide you with the tools to undertake any vfr flight.

Open up a sectional and have some fun!
deansalman

Post by deansalman »

When Cat1 fails, is the only way to know that is if I am listed on recently granted ratings. I asked because I never got a result
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

deansalman wrote:When Cat1 fails, is the only way to know that is if I am listed on recently granted ratings. I asked because I never got a result
Since you're not talking to ATC during the CAT-1 at all, there is a separate process for claiming credit for the CAT-1. That process is, not surprisingly, outlined in detail on the CAT-1 page itself. I'd suggest going back to the CAT-1, reading it carefully, then follow the process for obtaining CAT-1 credit.
deansalman

Post by deansalman »

ok I missed something. Just looked, yep I am blind. I missed the pattern approach anyway so taking it again is needed anyway
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star