Discovered Something Interesting

signmanbob

Discovered Something Interesting

Post by signmanbob »

For the last week I have been trying to fly my IXEG 737 and FF 752 on Pilotedge, but could not get the communications with PE working with either aircraft.
It was really throwing me for a loop, because I could hear the controllers if I used the Pilotedge Receiver, I could talk perfectly on Skype or Discord and if I clicked my PTT button 4 times, it would disconnect from the Pilotedge server.
All day Friday, I was off, so I wanted to get on PE with my 737 and upset some controllers, but I could not hear the controllers talking, even though I could see other aircraft flying around. When I connected to PE, it just stayed very quiet.
Then at about 1 am in the morning, I am finally ready to go to bed and an idea hits me.
I have been getting on PE and communicating perfectly for a long time with my GA aircraft. Now that I want to try and fly a transport aircraft, I can't communicate at all.
Then it dawned on me.....when I fly my GA aircraft, I have been using my RXP GTN 750 and, of course, I never would have thought of using that in a transport aircraft that has an EFIS and an FMS.
So I installed it into the IXEG 737 and...bingo. I connect to PE and can hear the controllers perfectly. So I tried doing a radio test with a ground controller and got a 5by5 back.
So it seems to me that if you install the RXP GTN 750 (or 650), you will have to put it into every aircraft in order to use PE with X-Plane.
You don't have to use it for navigation, and I don't even think that you have to use it to set your radios. You just have to have it installed. It can even stay hidden (it pops up with a hotkey), but it just has to be installed in the aircraft. I'm going to do some more testing this.
I just thought this was interesting and wanted to share my finding.

Thank you,
Bob
V-3 * CAT-11 * i-11 Ratings 8-)....Yeah!!
Kyle.Sanders

Re: Discovered Something Interesting

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

That doesn't sound right to me.
1) Are you sure you had the correct mic selector activated in the aircraft?
2) if you truly must have RXP installed on each aircraft, consider disabling it via the plugin admin menu when you don't want to use it.
Kyle Sanders
signmanbob

Post by signmanbob »

Hello Kyle,
Kyle.Sanders wrote:That doesn't sound right to me.

1) Are you sure you had the correct mic selector activated in the aircraft?
Yes, I checked to see that the correct mic was activated on the control pedestal.
Kyle.Sanders wrote: 2) if you truly must have RXP installed on each aircraft, consider disabling it via the plugin admin menu when you don't want to use it.
That will work too. I just found out what was causing the problem so I hadn't thought of that, but disabling the plugin should work fine.
I just wanted to post the problem in case anyone else runs into this. It had me scratching my head for about a week until I realized what was going on.
I will try just disabling the plugin and see if the 733 will work.
Thank you Kyle.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If everything is quiet, then the issue is not with the transmit selector. The issue is that PE believes the radio in question is not enabled for receiving, either because of an audio panel selection, bus voltage or com radio failure.
signmanbob

Post by signmanbob »

Keith Smith wrote:If everything is quiet, then the issue is not with the transmit selector. The issue is that PE believes the radio in question is not enabled for receiving, either because of an audio panel selection, bus voltage or com radio failure.
I believe PE might have been getting that message because of the Reality XP GTN was not being activated in the aircraft. For some reason the plugin either needs to be activated in an aircraft, or it needs to be completely disabled in the main plugin menu while flying an aircraft, otherwise it will interfere.
This GTN is still a very new payware addon for X-Plane. I don't know how many people use it yet, but you probably will run into this problem again, so I thought I would post it in the forum because it is a very perplexing problem if you don't know what is causing it.
rhill1995

Post by rhill1995 »

hello, funny that i stumbled upon this... i am experiencing the same issue with the ixeg 737. i setup my headset correctly and setup a key for the ptt in pilotedge however i can hear atc perfectly, i just cannot transmit. i am 100% positive my vhf coms are setup correctly i just dont see a tx light when i press my ptt key. please help