Western American Expansion: Firtst Thoughts

Tol3458

Western American Expansion: Firtst Thoughts

Post by Tol3458 »

Did two flights today in an MU-2: TTD-SEA and ASE-DEN. Busy time of day. Controllers in both cases faced heavier workload. This, along with and some expected snarls getting clearances and getting frequecy changes, the higher workload and greater chatter enhances realism. Add the vast expansion in geography, terrain and weather and the package more than justifies the extra cost. Bravo!!
BFG

Re: Western American Expansion: Firtst Thoughts

Post by BFG »

Agree. Bravo. (Several Bravos, actually ;-)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thanks guys, glad you're enjoying it. There was a conga line of guys flying DEN-ASE-PHX last night, that made for fun times. There's an archive of the scope video here: https://www.twitch.tv/ksmith_pe/v/110546004. Start from around 1hr 41mins.
gsuoumu

Post by gsuoumu »

I did my first flight on XP11 and in the expansion today. Chose ABQ-PHX in my BE58 because it looked like a pretty simple flight for my first one in XP11 in case I needed to tinker with things. It was, indeed, a boring flight. And then I tried to land and apparently my rudder pedals were all out of wack because the thing was out of control after touchdown. Nothing like 2 hours of boredom and then ice skating down the runway.

Again I think the best part of this expansion for GA guys like me will be the idea that we can take off from any airport in the Western US and pick up IFR clearances or FF in the air. That's amazing.
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

Did my first Expansion flight today. Nice to get unfamiliar procedures, airports and scenery with PE coverage. This will be well worth the extra subscription.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Haven't been able to fly it yet, but would love to at some point! I can tell you that controlling the expansion is really a blast. It has some unique challenges, but they can be overcome. Had a great time controlling tonight, in fact, and will be opening up the scope for the first 3 hours tomorrow.
gsuoumu

Post by gsuoumu »

Flowing out of or into every primary field in the expansion now. I'm not sure what the highest pilot count of the day was, but I believe I saw 30 or more at one point. And the controllers killed it. Thanks to everyone for the work they put in. Well worth every penny.
Anders S

Post by Anders S »

Did my first full flight in the coverage area today from ksna-kabq . Very good indeed. I did test my level d 763 and it was excellent. Only mistake I did was to not request full ILS when I got there. Because that was what I wanted. Will advice earlier next time. But beside of that I really like that long flight on almost 2 hours. Tomorrow is going to be the flight back from kabq - klax :-) so thanks to Pilotedge for adding something good in the evenings here :-) hope it will be alot of traffic in the WUS area and many will pay for it I hope :-)