Sim crashes

sidfadc

Sim crashes

Post by sidfadc »

Hi all,

Last night I flew out of KPHX as SWA2907 destination KSNA, the night before I flew from KASE as QXE2907 destination KSLC. I'm the chap with the dull British accent lol. Anyway both times I had spectacular sim crashes so I just wanted to apologise to the controllers. I'm not sure how this is perceived by the controllers but I hope they didn't take any offence. So its a bit disappointing from my end because I've wanted to sample the western expansion area and failed miserably. I'm flying FSX-SE but do have the full XP 11 Beta. To be honest I'm thinking of making the switch when the beta matures anyway because it appears a lot more stable.

So I just wanted to come here and apologise. :)

Thanks
Sid
Dean33

Re: Sim crashes

Post by Dean33 »

Hi Sid
I'm UK too - fly as N8DL.
I crash regularly and have never had a problem.
I crashed while taxiing to runway on Tuesday, reconnected and apologised and asked if I could continue? The reply - no problem it happens.
Hope you get it sorted because P/E is the best part of 20 years simming since I signed up a year ago.
Sometimes struggle to match free time at weekends with the service hours but that's not their problem as we've seen the last few days the controllers work long hours already.
By the way if you haven't done so follow Keith and Marcus on Twitch for live scope coverage.
Cheers. Dean
Dean33

UK P3DV4 Simmer
Pilotedge - I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (average 3.4mhz). GTX 1070 8mb, 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

Thanks Dean, yea I already follow Marcus. Didn't know Keith had a twitch channel, thanks for that I'll look it up.

I agree about PE being awesome. I signed up in October this year and never looked back, I've learned an absolute TON what with flying on the network and soaking up all workshops. The ultimate next step (as mentioned in another thread) would be to expand PE to Europe which would do 2 things. Obviously align to our time zone but allow us to sample flying in and out of our UK airfields under full ATC. To be honest the pacific time difference actually works ok for me, I have a small family so only get online after 8pm GMT most nights. The time difference means PE comes on at 1600GMT and runs into the small hours so it suits me fine. I guess if I only simmed in the day during the week or weekends it wouldn't be very good but for my lifestyle it suits me just fine.

Happy flying!

Cheers
Sid
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

Crashed again last night after a 2.5 hour flight from KSFO to KSEA in the Dash 8. Just as I was turning onto final as well, very annoying. I seem to be suffering more than usual at the moment so need to do some troubleshooting.

Last night I was flying as Horizon 2907.

Cheers
Sid
Acroshaw

Post by Acroshaw »

hey sid I too fly the dash 8 as a QXE call sign, but with P3D and it is pretty stable, the only crashes I have had are with the pmdg 737ngx, still not got to the bottom of those, possible the dreaded memory issue. I'm also UK based, I did hear you on the radio, nice to hear a fellow brit !
WagnerTenor

Post by WagnerTenor »

Sim crash? I have planted the aircraft into a mountain before. Always my own fault..