Interaction with other Pilots when flying on Pilotedge

arb65912

Re: Interaction with other Pilots when flying on Pilotedge

Post by arb65912 »

There is no PMs in real life flying unless you use your phone so it is perfectly correct for PE not to support them.

Use your phone for texting. :lol:
Simon Ambrose

Post by Simon Ambrose »

arb65912 wrote:There is no PMs in real life flying unless you use your phone so it is perfectly correct for PE not to support them.

Use your phone for texting. :lol:
Really, then why does Company send me TEXT PMs to my airline cockpit ? :roll:
( and they don't come on my Cell phone !! )

Keith has indicated that there will be a "Social" Teamspeak server, that should meets the need for Pilots and Controllers to informally socalize... a very important part of any FS community.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Sam, I did not mean to start an argument here at all, it is just my opinion what you read here.

PE has the ability to send PM to a pilot and that makes perfect sense. I was also sent PM but there was a technical reason, I was repeating several times " xxxx, N4333A, radio check"
I was heard by controller but I did not know about it and I bet it was very annoying so they sent me PM to correct my setup.

In the cases like I described and many other cases PE might contact the pilot but this is not socializing at all.
There are pilots in real life who abuse CTAF frequency telling stories and using it for personal reasons but this is not correct behavior.
I do not know what are the legal proceedings in case like that, Keith? :)

Yes, when there is a social Teamspeak server, you can socialize at will but so far there is not and frequency is used as it is in real life, no PMs.

On the other hand, I do not see the need for socializing if one wants to learn the ATC interaction.
FS community is welcome on PE but do not forget that main PE goal is to provide learning environment for real life student pilots and pilots.

Do not take me wrong, I am a very social person and love being around interesting people but when I fly on PE, I do not need to hear the latest politics or football news :roll: , I hope you are getting my idea. :)

It is very frustrating when I see on VATSIM pilots making Facebook out of the network.

Cheers, AJ
Simon Ambrose

Post by Simon Ambrose »

arb65912 wrote: Sam, I did not mean to start an argument here at all, it is just my opinion what you read here.
MODERATOR: Please could you correct my Forum ID to "Simon Ambrose"

Thanks
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Sorry, Simon. I did not look up your ID. My fault.