Headset Question

Zimmerbz

Headset Question

Post by Zimmerbz »

Can someone post some settings that allow good audio through my headset? Right now I have some engine sound coming through my speakers but ATC and the majority of engine noise is coming through my headset. It only became an issue yesterday when flying into Denver. I couldn't hear ATC very well as it was muffled. As a result I had to go around twice. Ideally I'd like ATC only through the headset and engine / everything else through my speakers. I've tried messing around a bit in the settings but haven't been able to make it so I am only getting ATC in the headset. Thanks
Marcus Becker

Re: Headset Question

Post by Marcus Becker »

A USB headset is the simplest solution.
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

You want to make your headset the "default communication device" in your computer settings, NOT "default device".

I made this a while back... images are gone but the instructions are still there:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6564
Kyle Sanders
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Speakers should be the 'default device' as that is what your simulator will use to spit out the engine and ambient noise.

Headset should be selected as the output device within the preferences of the PE client, or you can set the headset to be the default communicatons device as Kyle mentions above. Either way, that's what will cause the PE software to send the audio to something other than your 'default device'.
Zimmerbz

Post by Zimmerbz »

Thanks. I'll give it a try tonight