Wireless Headset

matteospacca

Wireless Headset

Post by matteospacca »

Good morning all,
don't know if this is the correct section of the forum...in case...sorry.
I have a problem with a wireless headset (Asus HS-W1) since PE audio is not streaming to the headset. When I change the audio output from the speakers to the headset the audio just silences (mic is working). The headset is working fine since I can listed to music or listed to the x-plane audio but no chance with PE. I tried other wireless headset and they are ok and all wired headset are also ok. It just happen with this specific model. Also with P3D same issue. Does anyone have a clue?? Might it be a specific setting or headset not supported from the PE receiver?
Thanks
Kyle.Sanders

Re: Wireless Headset

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Kyle Sanders
matteospacca

Post by matteospacca »

Thanks...but no luck :(
matteospacca

Post by matteospacca »

Anyone any suggestion? Maybe headsed audio format is only 16b 32000mh??
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Not sure on this one. I've noticed that some plantronics headsets don't work with the audio library that we use. Perhaps this is a similar case.
matteospacca

Post by matteospacca »

Keith Smith wrote:Not sure on this one. I've noticed that some plantronics headsets don't work with the audio library that we use. Perhaps this is a similar case.
Thanks Keith...mine a ASUS HS-W1 which is pretty popular...will hope maybe in a future audio library update. Thanks
wildirishtime

Post by wildirishtime »

Same type of issue with wireless Jabra headset. I can assign default audio to the Jabra, even disable my PC speakers. WHENEVER I select the Jabra headset in PE Preferences, I get no audio at all.

This kind of stinks cause it's an expensive headset i use every day for phone calls, dictation, etc etc.

Any other suggestions or things we can try to get our beloved headsets to work? Thx!
CRAZEDpilot.com, Inc
CRAZEDpilot.com
wildirishtime

Re: Wireless Headset - RESOLVED

Post by wildirishtime »

WAIT... I have found my own solution, will probably work for most other headsets with similar issues.

The issue was for whatever reason if i select under PE / preferences my wireless headset no audio would make it to the headet, but all other software works fine.

My solution was to find a piece of software called VB-Audio Virtual Cable. It basically creates a VIRTUAL SPEAKER that routes to a VIRTUAL recording device. The trick is once installed, you edit the settings of the RECORDING device and turn on LISTEN to the device, and choose your headset under "Listen to this device / Playback through this device".

Works great, good luck!

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm

Fly safe!
-Brendan
CRAZEDpilot.com, Inc
CRAZEDpilot.com