Drone Traffic Voice Recordings?

Miniwebbs

Drone Traffic Voice Recordings?

Post by Miniwebbs »

I feel like this question would of been asked before but it would be awesome if drone traffic had recorded voice overs. It would be awesome to join a traffic pattern on a non-towered airport and here the drone call the different legs such as base, downwind ect. I feel like this would be an awesome addition to PilotEdge because myself being a VFR virtual pilot I love to fly to different uncontrolled airports over socal but when there is drone traffic I just sometimes don't know what they are doing, for example an aircraft on final could be doing a touch and go that I am unaware of. Also talking of drone traffic I would love to see much more traffic around non-towered airports as most non-towered airports I fly to don't have drones doing patterns or departing.

So If this question hasn't been asked already, I would love to see voice recorded drone traffic implemented into PE it would be awesome :D
Amateur scenery developer and aviation enthusiast that hopes to be a pilot one day!

Current V Rating: Completed!
Current CAT Rating: Completed!
Current I Rating: n/a
Home Airport: YSSY

Catch me making scenery live!: https://www.twitch.tv/miniwebbs
Althar93

Re: Drone Traffic Voice Recordings?

Post by Althar93 »

Although I do like the idea, I guess it has a few associated problems, such as stepping on other pilots & not being able to coordinate with said drones ; in such a case, how do you tell whether the traffic that just spoke is an actual human vs. a recording?
Keith Smith

Re: Drone Traffic Voice Recordings?

Post by Keith Smith »

There are too many issues with attempting to synthesize voice for the drones. The resulting experience would still not be realistic in that they wouldn't be responsive to your calls.

Your best bet would be to operate from non-towered fields that don't have drones and invite a few friends to come along so you can actually have voice interactions on the CTAF.