Coverage

Zimmerbz

Coverage

Post by Zimmerbz »

Just curious, has pilotedge ever considered rotating the coverage in terms of moving outside of the southwest? It would be cool to have the sputhwest for a period of time and then shift to the east coast or something. I'm not sure how difficult that would be but thought it might be cool
rtataryn

Re: Coverage

Post by rtataryn »

It's a frequent question. About a year ago Steve Kirks asked, "If I woke up one day and PE had flipped to the northeast what would be the big deal?"

Keith's reply:

"Other than spending many months on the build-out, and retraining all of the controllers, rebuilding the pilot training programs, and explaining to our commercial customers why this is a Good Thing(tm) and how it won't be a big deal to reshape all their curriculum.....no big deal at all.

It's a small miracle that the controllers can keep the current airspace in their heads. Asking them to become fluent in another equally tricky set of airspace while still routinely working ZLA traffic (up until the night before the swap) is a non-starter.

If we open the northeast, it will be a separate facility staffed and managed by a separate crew. The number of people who will be cross trained will likely be minimal.

PE maneuvers like a supertanker, not a speed boat."

Link to that discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5499&start=80
Rod
PPL, Instrument, ASEL, ASES
2013 Cirrus SR22T N877MS
2018 Icon A5 N509BA
1946 Piper J3 Cub N7121H
1942 Stearman N2S N6848
stevekirks

Re: Coverage

Post by stevekirks »

BTW, I purchased the Western Expansion and it's been an amazing experience. You get enroute IFR plus VFR flight following from every airport out there. You can also call clearance on the ground and get it from non-towered airports so the only thing you're missing is the actual TRACON for non-covered fields.

I keep spending the money as a vote of confidence in the company, much like buying stock. I don't use PE every day, or in every situation, but I hope my yearly subscription keeps it there when I need it.
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge