Drone Traffic Engine Sound X-Plane?

Miniwebbs

Drone Traffic Engine Sound X-Plane?

Post by Miniwebbs »

I have just a simple question to ask about the drone traffic. In P3D and FSX you can hear the drone traffic's engine but in x-plane there is no sound at all. Why is this? and will there be drone traffic engine sound one day in X-plane?
Amateur scenery developer and aviation enthusiast that hopes to be a pilot one day!

Current V Rating: Completed!
Current CAT Rating: Completed!
Current I Rating: n/a
Home Airport: YSSY

Catch me making scenery live!: https://www.twitch.tv/miniwebbs
Balu0

Re: Drone Traffic Engine Sound X-Plane?

Post by Balu0 »

That would be nice.

Also just a quick note on L77 there is 2 drone making patterns and they are inside each other, looks like a duplicated entry.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Spookedluke wrote:I have just a simple question to ask about the drone traffic. In P3D and FSX you can hear the drone traffic's engine but in x-plane there is no sound at all. Why is this? and will there be drone traffic engine sound one day in X-plane?
That sound is generated by the simulator in P3D/FSX because the aircraft are being injected into the environment as real aircraft. That's why you see smoke from the wheels on touchdown and hear the engine noise.

In X-Plane the planes aren't treated as real aircraft, they're just 3d objects that we're asking the sim to draw (and animate in the case of HD CSLs). Adding sound would be non-trivial, but possible. It has been considered, but is not high on the list.
Miniwebbs

Post by Miniwebbs »

Keith Smith wrote:
Spookedluke wrote:I have just a simple question to ask about the drone traffic. In P3D and FSX you can hear the drone traffic's engine but in x-plane there is no sound at all. Why is this? and will there be drone traffic engine sound one day in X-plane?
That sound is generated by the simulator in P3D/FSX because the aircraft are being injected into the environment as real aircraft. That's why you see smoke from the wheels on touchdown and hear the engine noise.

In X-Plane the planes aren't treated as real aircraft, they're just 3d objects that we're asking the sim to draw (and animate in the case of HD CSLs). Adding sound would be non-trivial, but possible. It has been considered, but is not high on the list.
Awesome I would to see the sound for drones implemented in the future
Amateur scenery developer and aviation enthusiast that hopes to be a pilot one day!

Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Just making sure you read that part where I said it was really hard to implement and wasn't high on the list?
Miniwebbs

Post by Miniwebbs »

Yes Sorry I should of said I was looking forward too see what will happen in the distant future. I completely understand that something like this would be complex, and definitely is not a priority. I am completely ok with that :)