Loss of avionics

matcauthon137

Loss of avionics

Post by matcauthon137 »

Ok, so I've recently turned on failures on fsp. Anyone not familiar with passengers, this means there is a random chance of failure (5%) and it could be almost anything. So you don't know when or if something is coming. I've been brushing up on my emergency procedures and landings. Most things I have covered, bird strike on takeoff, flaps failure, landing gear failure, etc. One of the failures is avionics master short.

What I'm confused on is PE procedure. This failure effectively shuts down all electrical components. GPS, auto pilot, altimeter, etc forcing you to the ground. Nearest airport landing. More importantly here, it shuts down the radio stack. Without communications you normally squawk 7600 to alert atc that you've lost comm. But with the short circuit the transponder shuts down also. No way to change it.

At this point, to make it easier on atc and other pilots, should I disconnect from PE? I don't want them to think I just quit, but I don't want to inconvenience anyone either. What should I do in this situation?

Thanks in advance for your help.
kleistad

Re: Loss of avionics

Post by kleistad »

Not sure about the official PE stand on this, but know people simulate failures. Everything from vacuum failures to radio loss and engine outs. As long as you follow the correct procedures I think you`ll be OK.
Kristoffer L.
N187KT