Note to self - do NOT hit PTT to turn field lights on...

wpatrick

Note to self - do NOT hit PTT to turn field lights on...

Post by wpatrick »

Okay, newbie mistake. I decided to fly for a CAT rating last night. After filing the flight plan, about 20 minutes in flight, yada yada yada, I decide it would be easier to see the airport if the lights were on since it was around dusk. Hit the PTT button seven times should activate the lights. On about the 5th hit I hear something about being disconnected from the network. Checked the logs after I landed and, ugh, the flight wasn't tracked.

Live and learn! I'll give it another go tonight...
Keith Smith

Re: Note to self - do NOT hit PTT to turn field lights on...

Post by Keith Smith »

Sorry about that. 5 clicks of the PTT is a shortcut for connecting/disconnecting the PE client. It's useful in commercial devices (long story).

In the future if you hear that the PilotEdge client has disconnected, it's worth a check to see if you're still connected (this can be done by going to the PilotEdge menu and seeing whether connect or disconnect are available), or you can check the online map.
wpatrick

Post by wpatrick »

No worries at all Keith. Love the network and I'm trying to improve so I don't give your ATC crew heartburn. Since I'm working on my IR in the RW, PE is a great resource.

Wade
wpatrick

Post by wpatrick »

And I stand corrected, the flight WAS logged so all was not lost. I must have not waited the ten minutes last night before checking.

Great network!