Integrated ATIS for Pilotedge

Re: Integrated ATIS for Pilotedge

Postby sono » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:11 pm

Keith Smith wrote: The idea of PilotEdge is to reinforce real world procedures, not to introduce new ones.

Definitely.

However switching to http://www.myflightroute.com/atisplay.php to get the destination atis on an ifr arrival does cut into that..
sono

Postby Keith Smith » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:07 pm

sono, I understand what you're trying to say, but nobody would confuse checking a web site while flying on the network with a r/w procedure. However, introducing fake radio frequencies for people to use can lead to negative training.
Keith Smith

Postby sono » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:49 am

Keith Smith wrote:Not at the moment. I'll advise when I'm able to work on it. There is one significant technical challenge to overcome.

Are you able to share a bit more - Is this a challenge with xplane 11 or a pilot edge plugin software challenge ?
Can we help to lobby for a change to xplane 11 api here ?

do you need a kickstarter to fund it ?

Yours hopefully waiting for this feature.
sono

Postby deansalman » Sat May 26, 2018 9:46 am

I still tune into ATIS on my sim but use myflightroute on my ipad, i just look at the text because the player sometimes starts in the middle, then have to click play again. But it is a great way to see active runways and weather. Not sure where I found that link, I think it was a post in flightsim forum. If it is not on the PE site be nice to see it there, its a cool site for sure
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
deansalman

Postby RogerW » Sat May 26, 2018 12:14 pm

Hey Dean. I forget where I saw the website. It was on the forum somewhere if I remember right.
I have found that the recording will sometimes stop right in the middle of the recording and I will have to start it again. :evil:
But it is a nice site to have up.
Roger W.
Home: Valkaria, Fla (X59)(but lost in SoCal)
PE Rating: CAT-11
Experience: Real 7 hrs, Virtual 2500+ hrs
FSX
Aircraft: A2A Cessna 182 Skylane
Tail Number: N7365W
Facebook blog: https://www.facebook.com/Fly-by-Night-Aerospace-719016678295028/
RogerW

Postby kevin meyers » Sat May 26, 2018 1:38 pm

RogerW wrote:I have found that the recording will sometimes stop right in the middle of the recording and I will have to start it again. :evil:

deansalman wrote: i just look at the text because the player sometimes starts in the middle, then have to click play again. But it is a great way to see active runways and weather. Not sure where I found that link, I think it was a post in flightsim forum. If it is not on the PE site be nice to see it there, its a cool site for sure

This mimics a real ATIS. It’s just a recording on a frequency, so there would be no way for it to know when someone starts listening...
Kevin Meyers
Legacy PilotEdge Air Traffic Controller / Instructor
Dallas, Texas
kevin meyers

Postby deansalman » Sun May 27, 2018 6:36 pm

It seems like the IPAD always starts from the beginning
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
deansalman

Previous

Return to General