First week on Western expansion...

Thomas_Horn

First week on Western expansion...

Post by Thomas_Horn »

..and I really like the new challenges that come with new airports, VOR, procedures etc. After 2 years in SOCAL, I had flown almost all imaginable airport combinations (well, not really, but it felt like ;) )
After flying from KOAN to KOAK this morning - a tribute to Jerry W. from youtube...I know his RW flying performance in NORCAL with the twin Cessna is seen quite critical here on this forum...
Anyway: I noticed that the frequencies are different in PE compared to real life, for example near Sacramento VOR, in RW the NORCAL freq is 125.25 which was different in PE when I was flying..but who cares :D

I REALLY like the huge area and variety of different airports and areas, so much to see and so many challenges ahead! I wish that more people would sign up, since it is sometimes quite lonesome our there in the west, compared to busy SOCAL. After 10 minutes with Oakland Center without any radio comms, I already was concerned that my connection was lost :)
Last edited by Thomas_Horn on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
X-Plane 11.32, Windows 10, 4.8 GHz 7700K, 16 GB RAM. 4K 55'' Screen resolution with Nvidia GTX 1070. ELITE and PFC flight controls
Keith Smith

Re: First week on Western expansion...

Post by Keith Smith »

The freqs do differ from real life at times because we collapse several sectors into one. For example, the Burbank area might be made up of 3-4 freqs, including 134.20, but we run the whole Burbank area of Socal approach under 134.20. Same deal for the area around SMF.

Western US will be getting some upgrades in the future, hang tight.

I assume you meant KAUN above (Auburn).
Thomas_Horn

Post by Thomas_Horn »

...yes KAUN, my bad
X-Plane 11.32, Windows 10, 4.8 GHz 7700K, 16 GB RAM. 4K 55'' Screen resolution with Nvidia GTX 1070. ELITE and PFC flight controls
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

Well, I went on it as soon as it was available, and there are times when it is quiet. However, I've noticed things getting busier in the last few days. I'm doing the Western Expansion Alphabet Challenge, and it's keeping me very busy! It would be great if some more people would join in on this. It does seem that most of the traffic in the expansion is airliners, but that was to be expected, I suppose.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Western US will be getting some upgrades in the future, hang tight.
Anders S

Post by Anders S »

I am flying to wus regularly now
A combination. Flying within fse a charter service. 1 day learjet to a wus airport from zla then next day back from wus to zla then a small aircraft like the c208 local in zla and next the same then it's learjet again to wus. Getting maximum out of PE then :-)