ATC will not respond

Kabee2100

ATC will not respond

Post by Kabee2100 »

I just got pilotedge and I cant hear the ATC and they wont respond.
dvlourie

Re: ATC will not respond

Post by dvlourie »

Kabee...i am sure someone, if not Keith himself will help but, definitely going to need some more information. System set-up, can you hear anyone talking on the radios, what sim are you using, etc. Be patient, one of the best things about PE is the group here is really ready to respond. So, give us some more information and I guarantee someone, somewhere will have you flying with PE in no time!
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

Kabee2100 wrote:I just got pilotedge and I cant hear the ATC and they wont respond.
The people that can help you our may not see this post right away. Send an email to support@pilotedge.net and they can work through the audio issues with you.

It's not that "they won't respond", they most likely just aren't hearing you transmit.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Ensure your audio settings are in tune- viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6564
Kyle Sanders
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

Just wondering. WHICH simulator are you using? X-Plane, FSX, P3D? As said before hard to give good help if we don't even know the basics about your set up.
bbuckley

Post by bbuckley »

Just FYI, the controller last evening (~1630 PST) had an internet issue and was "offline" for about 5 - 10 mins. So even though I was showing online and on the right freqs on the PE map there were no responses from the controller until she finally restored internet. Not sure if this was the OP's connection time, but thought it was worth mentioning before chasing a setup issue.
Commercial / Instrument / KMLB
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I'm mirroring the support response here so that it's available for the future:

There is 0% chance that they are hearing you and are deliberately not responding. If you are not hearing any ATC at all, then chances are that there is an audio playback configuration issue. Otherwise, if you're hearing ATC talking to other pilots, but they aren't hearing you, then either your push to talk isn't working correctly, or it's working but the audio input device isn't configured correctly, and you are transmitting dead air.

It's easy to tell if you're transmitting or not (ie, the PTT is working) once you can hear ATC talking to other people, because if you briefly hold the PTT down while they're talking, then if you can still hear them while you're holding the PTT, then the PTT is NOT working. If the PTT was working, their voice (or the pilot's voice) would cut out immediately when you hold down the PTT (that is how real audio systems work in aircraft).

Before we can offer much help, I need to know:
1) which simulator you're using
2) the airport at which you are parked, and the time of day this took place (to ensure that it's a covered airport and within our coverage hours of 8am-11pm Pacific time)
3) which frequency you were using
4) how your audio panel is configured in the airplane (particularly important for X-Plane, where you could potentially have the "RX" option disabled for both radios, in which case you're not going to hear anything at all
5) which airplane you're using (the JAR A320 and A330 for xplane have a known issue in X-Plane 11 which requires a workaround regarding their custom electrical system)
6) how you're triggering the push to talk
7) verification of your audio configuration for Windows (assuming you're running Windows). Ideally, this would be a screenshot of the recording devices tab and the playback devices tab.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Kaleb, your response said you're using the JAR A320 with XP11. The issue is their electrical system bypasses the core X-Plane system. The short version is that you should map a button to turn on the X-Plane battery.