Military Jets

manlyman

Military Jets

Post by manlyman »

Ok, first let me point out how I use PE. I fly on it for fun! I'm not a real pilot or a very skilled sim pilot. I do ok in my sim flying. I have been learning a lot flying on PE, but I do have a long way to go before I can fly IFR. I belong to a virtual Naval Air Wing. Not one of there most skilled pilots, but I enjoy it.

The reason I'm posting about this is that I want to start flying the Super Hornet on PE. Now that the Western US is open and just recently making the bonus fields towered. There is a couple of military fields that are on this list. I'm stationed out of KNFL Fallon and I would like to fly VFR between home field and the military & civilian fields that are available. I'm very apprehensive at doing this in the hornet, but still really want to start flying in the bug on PE. Wondering what I should do to start and anything special I should be aware of?

Thanks,
David
VCVW-3
Keith Smith

Re: Military Jets

Post by Keith Smith »

With great thrust comes great responsibility. While students in 172's are expected to make a wide variety of mistakes., this is less true for bizjets, and even less so for a fighter jet.

That aside, if you can operate the jet safely and somewhat predictably, it might work out. Fallon is non towered, so you won't be talking to anyone there.

Which fields do you want to fly to and are you thinking vfr or ifr?
manlyman

Re: Military Jets

Post by manlyman »

I can handle the jet with confidence. Been flying it for a little over 4yrs now. The skill level I lack in is IFR. I understand KNFL is a non towered field. The bases I would like to do my work in are KINS Creech AFB, KNYL Yuma MCAS and KTNX Tonopah test range. I would be flying VFR at this time. Will be working on my IFR in my cessna.

I do have a question concerning the 3 fields I have indicted. I saw a post dated Oct 2016 about DCS using those fields. How dose that play into my request?