finding the right freq

jkennebeck

finding the right freq

Post by jkennebeck »

Started a flight today pre operating hours. Wondering best resource to look up which ZLA CTR frequency I should be tuned to when ATC comes online.
jkennebeck

Re: finding the right freq

Post by jkennebeck »

and another question. is there any way to amend/correct a flight plan filed via the website? would you just file a new one? or does that create multiple confusing entries for controllers?
kullery

Post by kullery »

Find the nearest center frequency on an IFR chart in a "postage stamp" box.
freq.png
freq.png (163.57 KiB) Viewed 4432 times

Or use this feature on MyFlightRoute.com. You simply select your user name and it will display the 10 nearest center frequencies.
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
jkennebeck

Post by jkennebeck »

Thanks! I've tried the postage stamp boxes in the past with varying success. Didn't know about the other option though! Appreciate it!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

What's an example of a center freq from postage stamp that isn't working?
jkennebeck

Post by jkennebeck »

Not sure I chose the right words. The frequency probably was "working". It just wasnt either of the 2 I was expecting from the enroute chart.

I was on a flight yesterday and when I got near AVE i knew that was the area where the FIR's join so I was looking at the chart to see if i could predict the LC CTR freq that OAK CTR was going to give me. It wasn't either of the frequencies on the stamps in the picture I'm attaching. I'm not notpicking at all. Its not a big deal, but if there's a good way to try to plan for things in the cockpit in advance I tend to use those kinds of tools. Hope the convention went well!

Joe
Attachments
AVE.JPG
AVE.JPG (139.23 KiB) Viewed 4383 times