Some questions from a new user.

FlyingManBearPig

Some questions from a new user.

Post by FlyingManBearPig »

Hello everyone. I just started the trial and was wondering about some things.

1) How does ATC see me? Is it a simulated ATC radar screen on the ATC user's end?

2) Is it possible for me to see other users on the map screen? I wasn't able to see anyone else.

3) Is it proper etiquette to inform ATC prior to disconnecting from PE? Or is disconnecting randomly without warning acceptable? How about disconnecting at touchdown rather than taxiing to parking?

Thanks!
Marcus Becker

Re: Some questions from a new user.

Post by Marcus Becker »

1) How does ATC see me? Is it a simulated ATC radar screen on the ATC user's end?
https://www.twitch.tv/marcusmmc

2) Is it possible for me to see other users on the map screen? I wasn't able to see anyone else.
What map screen? http://map.pilotedge.net/map/ This map? If you're connected and you see yourself, we see you too!

3) Is it proper etiquette to inform ATC prior to disconnecting from PE? Or is disconnecting randomly without warning acceptable? How about disconnecting at touchdown rather than taxiing to parking?
It's not necessary to tell us you are disconnecting. We prefer you disconnect after landing and receive instructions to a non-movement area and disconnect there. Keep in mind that there may be others around you and they could be sequenced behind or in front of you. ATC instructions could be dependent on you being there. However, if you aren't there, we'll figure it out.
Keith Smith

Re: Some questions from a new user.

Post by Keith Smith »

FlyingManBearPig wrote:1) How does ATC see me? Is it a simulated ATC radar screen on the ATC user's end?
Yes, we use software which simulates a radar display. This is used to follow your progress while you're on the ground, in the pattern and enroute.