Question for controllers

Kevin_atc

Re: Question for controllers

Post by Kevin_atc »

FDXDave wrote:So I've just signed up for my two week trial on Pilotedge. I've done 3 flights. I have 150 hours on that other network. I'm not a real world pilot. But i really enjoy this environment as i am disabled and not able to fly for real. So i think you guys do a great job. quick question.
It appears in X plane that when i tune into ATIS the Code is different than the code listed on Myflightroute.com.
I've been using Myflightroute.com / ATIS player in lue of using xplanes radio because i believe you guys are the ones who update that website. Am i right...am i getting the code from the right place. I would assume so because no one has told me i was wrong. And a controller may not know this but if pilotedge uses xplanes radios why would the two codes not match? For realism I'd rather use my cockpit radio but i think it's wrong.
Thanks for all the hard work you guys do.
Dave
You may obtain your ATIS from wherever you'd like. Pilotedge doesn't officially have any one ATIS. While myflightroute is for Pilotedge, it isn't the official ATIS or anything like that since pilots are allowed to fly with whatever weather conditions they wish. ATC on the network only wants to ensure you have an ATIS of some kind. Any ATIS letter that you claim to have will be considered valid and won't be questioned.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
FDXDave

Post by FDXDave »

kevin meyers wrote:
FDXDave wrote:So I've just signed up for my two week trial on Pilotedge. I've done 3 flights. I have 150 hours on that other network. I'm not a real world pilot. But i really enjoy this environment as i am disabled and not able to fly for real. So i think you guys do a great job. quick question.
It appears in X plane that when i tune into ATIS the Code is different than the code listed on Myflightroute.com.
I've been using Myflightroute.com / ATIS player in lue of using xplanes radio because i believe you guys are the ones who update that website. Am i right...am i getting the code from the right place. I would assume so because no one has told me i was wrong. And a controller may not know this but if pilotedge uses xplanes radios why would the two codes not match? For realism I'd rather use my cockpit radio but i think it's wrong.
Thanks for all the hard work you guys do.
Dave
You may obtain your ATIS from wherever you'd like. Pilotedge doesn't officially have any one ATIS. While myflightroute is for Pilotedge, it isn't the official ATIS or anything like that since pilots are allowed to fly with whatever weather conditions they wish. ATC on the network only wants to ensure you have an ATIS of some kind. Any ATIS letter that you claim to have will be considered valid and won't be questioned.
Well That certainly makes things much easier. In that case I think it would make the most sense to use my in plane radios to obtain ATIS. Since I'm downloading real weather from Xplane's NOAA and not a third party application the ATIS I have on board would be accurate for the field and what I would be actually flying in. I have also noticed that even though Myflightroute has runways in use the controllers have deviated from that. So Thank you...I will just use my radio's ATIS Code for Clearance Delivery.
Thank you for the quick reply.

One further question while on this topic. What source do the controllers get their weather from? Like when the advise winds for take off and landing etc....sometimes it is off a little from what I have on board, but not by much....

Thank you much friends.
Dave.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

FDXDave wrote: I have also noticed that even though Myflightroute has runways in use the controllers have deviated from that. So Thank you...I will just use my radio's ATIS Code for Clearance Delivery.
Thank you for the quick reply.

One further question while on this topic. What source do the controllers get their weather from? Like when the advise winds for take off and landing etc....sometimes it is off a little from what I have on board, but not by much....

Thank you much friends.
Dave.
Runway config and approaches in use are the only benefit to using myflightroute.com. Xplane's ATIS will certainly be the best for weather, but it has no idea what the active runways are- especially in a calm wind situation. So there are pros and cons to using each.

The controllers are getting the weather straight from the actual METARs that are put out on the hour so if your weather engine updates more often than once per hour, it could differ slightly.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Regarding runway usage being different from what MyFlightRoute.com is indicating, understand that it is difficult to manage 40 different airports and their configurations simultaneously. It will happen on occasion that you will be assigned a runway different from what MyFlightRoute.com indicates. Usually it's correct and will be more accurate than using what X-Plane gives.
FDXDave

Post by FDXDave »

Marcus Becker wrote:Regarding runway usage being different from what MyFlightRoute.com is indicating, understand that it is difficult to manage 40 different airports and their configurations simultaneously. It will happen on occasion that you will be assigned a runway different from what MyFlightRoute.com indicates. Usually it's correct and will be more accurate than using what X-Plane gives.
Thank you both for your answers. I'm pretty much using MyFlightRoute as a guid but not an absolute.
I don't ever enter my runway / approach untill i know atleast the direction when i gey close.
wesyin

Post by wesyin »

Any more controller's pet peeve? They deserve a dedicated thread.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

wesyin wrote:Any more controller's pet peeve? They deserve a dedicated thread.
Several threads exist out there on this topic. Kyle Sanders will link you to them shortly.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

kevin meyers wrote: Several threads exist out there on this topic. Kyle Sanders will link you to them shortly.
:lol:
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

I heard my name... haha
Kyle Sanders
FDXDave

Post by FDXDave »

Speaking of controllers. Is there a forum or a place on the main PE Web site that has the controllers
Bio's. I guess I'm just nosy and think it would be cool to see what their backgrounds are like.
I'm flying the western add on only. So i think just by voices there are like 4 different guys which handle
ATC for this area. I've heard a female controller for the LA area but I've never flown in her area.

Dave.