PE radio quality

tgray106

PE radio quality

Post by tgray106 »

Maybe this is a totally dumb request, and I couldn't find it anywhere (but also wasn't sure how to search it), but, does anyone do anything to tweak their audio to make the incoming comms sound a little.... uh... worse? Kinda like coming over a real radio frequency?

It's one of those things I was thinking of like, oh man, this sounds too good. I want to be able to fight through the distraction of bad audio. Or do I just need to get in a real plane more often?? haha

I'm running sim audio and PE audio through separate channels, so I could even put something inline on the incoming audio to crappen it up a bit, but wasn't sure if anyone had anything that made it sound more realworldish.
Kevin_atc

Re: PE radio quality

Post by Kevin_atc »

It's been talked about many times, and something we all want...trust me. It's nice to hear a pilot once in a while who is on an expensive sim with real comm modules because they sound exactly like what you hear while in the real airplane...but then you hear the next guy key up and it sounds like he's right there with you.

It's "on the list" from what I understand. But whenever it is rolled out, it will definitely enhance PE's sim experience.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Not all radios sound like junk, that's a common misconception.

We did get some radio distortion implemented in the DCS client. I'm not wild about the result, but we could roll that into the P3D and X-Plane client to see what people think. It's still not top of the list, there are many other things going on.
tgray106

Post by tgray106 »

haha yeah, definitely not top priority. Just one of those things I thought of when listening to some calls the other day online.

I'm definitely appreciative of the PE system in general and can't ask for too much anyway. I just tried to check out IVAO because I was curious about controlling, and the whole team speak nonsense was frustrating. Viva la PE!
zerofay32

Post by zerofay32 »

kevin meyers wrote:It's been talked about many times, and something we all want...trust me.
Speak for yourself. Personally, I would like to have this "feature" so far down the priority list that it doesn't get implemented until after PE has global coverage and handles commercial space traffic. ;)

I just don't understand the appeal... to each their own I guess.
Andrew Fay
PilotEdge V-3; CAT-11; I-11; Skyhigh 10
Commercial Pilot/Instrument ASEL/AMEL- KOSU / Commercial sUAS