UT Live model matching

archaic58

UT Live model matching

Post by archaic58 »

Hello everyone,
I just subscribed to PE this week. Have done quite a few flights and it awesome except for the model matching. I have P3D v4 and UT Live aircraft that I use for model matching in vpilot. I figured out how use the UT Live aircraft in PE for model matching. Go to the AVSIM file library and search Squawkbox sms generator. Download it and unzip. You have to put the program in the UT Live aircraft folder and then run it. It will generate an sms text file. What I did was delete everything in the PE SBX file and copied the contents from the generated sms file and put the contents in the sbx file. I also deleted the other 3 pe files. It works perfect. Hope it works for you.
The path for the pilot edge sms file is in my case: Program Files 86\Pilotedge\Aircraft.
sidfadc

Re: UT Live model matching

Post by sidfadc »

Awesome, I don't have any traffic programs yet for v4 but looking at UT live so this is useful.

I do know PE caters more heavily towards XP when it comes to model matching, you can download a bunch of CSLs from the PE homepage to make the sim objects look pretty awesome.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

sidfadc wrote:I do know PE caters more heavily towards XP when it comes to model matching, you can download a bunch of CSLs from the PE homepage to make the sim objects look pretty awesome.
Yes and no...P3D/FSX allows you to use any aircraft that you have on your machine as a visual model. It's a simple matter of mapping the ICAO code to the model in question. X-Plane, on the other hand, doesn't use flyable aircraft (ACF files) as visual models, it uses specially-crafted model libraries (which are not flyable). As a result, we publish CSL libraries for X-Plane.
Aviatorbja

Post by Aviatorbja »

Keith Smith wrote:
sidfadc wrote:I do know PE caters more heavily towards XP when it comes to model matching, you can download a bunch of CSLs from the PE homepage to make the sim objects look pretty awesome.
Yes and no...P3D/FSX allows you to use any aircraft that you have on your machine as a visual model. It's a simple matter of mapping the ICAO code to the model in question. X-Plane, on the other hand, doesn't use flyable aircraft (ACF files) as visual models, it uses specially-crafted model libraries (which are not flyable). As a result, we publish CSL libraries for X-Plane.
Interesting Keith. Is there a post on exactly how to do this?
Brian Andonian
R/W: SEL, Commercial, CFI (expired)
Flight sim: Lancair Legacy, Turbine Duke N723BA
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Brian,

If you look through the Program Files (x86)\PilotEdge\aircraft folder, you'll see a number of mapping files. Take a look through them and you'll see that those files map aircraft ICAO codes, airlines and liveries to specific aircraft on your hard drive (using the aircraft title from the aircraft.cfg files, replacing any spaces in the title with a plus sign).

Modify them as much as you like, or add your own mapping files.
Aviatorbja

Post by Aviatorbja »

Keith Smith wrote:Brian,

If you look through the Program Files (x86)\PilotEdge\aircraft folder, you'll see a number of mapping files. Take a look through them and you'll see that those files map aircraft ICAO codes, airlines and liveries to specific aircraft on your hard drive (using the aircraft title from the aircraft.cfg files, replacing any spaces in the title with a plus sign).

Modify them as much as you like, or add your own mapping files.
That sounds easy enough. I will certainly check that out. Thanks!
Brian Andonian
R/W: SEL, Commercial, CFI (expired)
Flight sim: Lancair Legacy, Turbine Duke N723BA
JRuss99

Post by JRuss99 »

I get this error during the process:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (22.86 KiB) Viewed 4824 times
Does anyone know how to fix it?