Son OF A Gun!

signmanbob

Son OF A Gun!

Post by signmanbob »

It has been a while since I got online with PE and Ido so want start flying more regular.
I got on today and really enjoyed it, even though my NGX was having some serious autopilot problems because I need to work on the Active Sky settings to make them play better together in P3Dv4.
I was flying from KPHX to KRNO and about the time that I was instructed to start descending to land at KRNO, the PE connection program crashed and I lost my communication.
I could still hear ATC, but they couldn't hear me, so I put the transponder on 7600 and proceeded to land at KRNO Rwy16R.
I had to shut the PE program down with the Task Manager because it was completely locked up.
A real bummer, but it was still fun. I just didn't get any credit for the flight on my profile.
Oh well. I'll try again later today.

Thank you all,

Bob
V-3 * CAT-11 * i-11 Ratings 8-)....Yeah!!
signmanbob

Re: Son OF A Gun!

Post by signmanbob »

Well, I've joined up with American Airlines Virtual and did my first flight with the NGX, from my new hub at KPHX to KSEA. It was very exciting.
I got so pumped I went ahead and did another short flight on Vatsim (PE was about to close) with the Dash8 from KSEA to KPDX. Of course there wasn't any controllers on, but....whatever. I'll take it.

Bob
signmanbob

Post by signmanbob »

Hey Keith,
Yes, I haven't had much luck doing any flights on VATSIM. Everyone wants us to support it, and I can see that to a point since it is an available service to everyone, but I don't want to fly everywhere typing in notices of my intentions to UNICOM, even from major class B airports. It's more enjoyable for me to use one of the voice ATC programs that are available than doing all of that typing.
I have got on it several times, just so my VATSIM account doesn't get terminated, but have never had any continuous live ATC from it.
One time a controller buzzed me and I didn't notice it fast enough, so he banned me from VATSIM for a day. That kind of rubbed me the wrong way because I didn't really want to be on there anyway. It's just that the virtual airline that I was flying with at the time, encourages some online flying, but only accepts VATSIM.
I have struggled to find a virtual airline that is willing to use Pilotedge for online flights. I actually gave up trying and decided to put in an application to American Airlines Virtual (aavirtual.net), and to my surprise, the stars were aligned and flying online with Pilotedge is one of their options in the ACARs. I am so happy about that and I'm going to wear that option out.
I just need to get my flight simulators to cooperate and let me have some real fun.

Lately, I'm getting no respect from my flight simulators.
I did a flight yesterday from KSEA to KLAX using the beautiful NGX in P3Dv4. Flying for American Virtual, so their ACARs is keeping up with every hiccup. Right when I get close to KLAX, all of a sudden my flight sim turns into a slide show, so I jump into the Options and turn everything down, let it reload (all the time ATC is trying to tell me to turn this way or that way), by the time it loads back up (AAL virtual ACARs is showing "Pause, Unpause, pause, unpause...), I'd forgotten what the instructions were, but did what I could remember. Then, bam, P3Dv4 crashes to the desktop....game over.
I go ahead and reload the flight and continue offline from where I left off just so I could finished the flight with the ACARs and make little notes letting them know what happened.
Then, I think I'll try to do another short flight for American Virtual on PE using the IXEG733 in X-Plane11. This ought to work out better for sure.
I get the whole flight set up, get clearance, push back and then...bam...X-Plane 11 crashes...well, just a glitch. No problem, I'll try again. I set up the flight again, log on, get taxi clearance....bam...X-Plane 11 crashes again. By that time it was time for PE to go to bed...game over.
I'm sure that I have a plug-in that is probably out of date with X-Plane 11, because I updated it with the latest updates just before I used it, but sometimes I don't know if there is any other hobby that can become so frustrating and so much fun at the same time. :x

Bob
chaseklvk

Post by chaseklvk »

Good to see you back on the network Bob!
Chase Zimmerman | PilotEdge ATCS
signmanbob

Post by signmanbob »

chaseklvk wrote:Good to see you back on the network Bob!
Thank you Chase. The main reason that I haven't been here much is that I've been working a lot, but I can't keep waiting until I have time to get on Pilotedge. I can see that I'm just going to have to make time. I enjoy flying on Pilotedge so much that it is just something that I'll have to shift things around to keep doing.
I love my work, but I love flying.