launch plan and the Charter Member program

Keith Smith

launch plan and the Charter Member program

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi all,

As Oct 1 draws near, I'm sure some people are wondering how we will transition from the beta phase into the production environment in terms of subscriptions, existing accounts, etc.

To be clear about pricing, there will be a normal retail subscription as well as a short term Charter Member program which will offer discounted access to the network. The Charter Member program will be open to a fixed number of users, after which the program will not accept any new members.

Time permitting, this is what we plan on doing:
1) Prior to launch, users who have an existing account (on the old site) will receive an email inviting them to register for a Charter Membership.
2) At or before launch (Oct 1), the new web site will be released to the public, allowing users to register and fill up the remaining slots in the Charter program
3) Once the Charter slots are filled up, the program will no longer be offered to new members and the normal retail membership program will be in effect.

The login that you use on the existing site will not likely be transferred over to the new site, a new registration will be required. The existing site will be going away.

On Saturday morning, prior to opening, the server will be restarted with the new authentication system fully activated. The global password that's associated with the beta program will no longer work. Instead, pilots will login with their email address and password associated with their new PilotEdge account on the new site.

The Frequent Flier program will be introduced in the near future, but will not coincide with the launch. We simply need to see how things progress, at least for a little while, to configure that program accordingly.

The summary, then:
- you'll need to re-register on the new site
- existing beta users will get first crack at the Charter program before it's made available to the public, even if it's only for a short period of time
- participating in the beta doesn't deprive you of the incentives that will be offered to new members after launch. In fact, it gives you access before anyone else.

Questions are welcome.
arb65912

Re: launch plan and the Charter Member program

Post by arb65912 »

When we register at new website, do we have to use old user name?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

You will register with an email address and password. It does not have to match what you use now. The forums will remain in tact with the existing accounts.
N178BC

Post by N178BC »

Great News! Thanks for the customer focused efforts!
Kyle Weber

Post by Kyle Weber »

Can't wait!
Kyle Weber
PPL, ASEL; IA student
Phil_ANW

Post by Phil_ANW »

I'm looking forward to the launch! The beta's been fun, but with the program launching I will feel less guilty when I make a mistake with ATC, knowing I'm paying for the service :)
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Good one , Phil but ... I will feel even more guilty.

Not only I will make mistakes but I will literally pay for them ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers, AJ
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

Cheaper than IFR lessons, that's fer sure.

Adam Celaya
PE Customer 00000001
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

1. Will we have to use new password for the Forums also?

2. Will we be able to change the password to anything or we will have to use the one assigned after joining Charter Program?

P.S. Daddy, I was joking about paying, I have no problem with paying at all forPE great service, just in case I did not make it clear in the previous reply.
Tim Krajcar

Post by Tim Krajcar »

1) No, the forums are staying as-is, for now.
2) Yes, you will be able to change it in the Account Center, one of the central features of the new website that will launch on or before Saturday morning.
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube