launch plan and the Charter Member program

lwilliams

Re: launch plan and the Charter Member program

Post by lwilliams »

Exciting times in the PE World.

Great work by Keith and your team, the culmination of a lot of effort. You will now reap the benefits of your labour.

Lee
Lee Williams
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thanks, Lee. As stressful as it is getting everything together as we get into the home stretch, I'm very proud to say that the invitations for pre-sales went out today and were met with a warm reception.

The invitations were sent out to everyone that has flown on the network to date.

There were two firsts that I wanted to call special attention to:
1) Adam was the first pilot to sign up. He will have the lowest non-controller pilot ID on the network from this day forth...ID #21.

2) The very first non-test pilot to fly on the network was a gentleman by the name of Peter Klentos. He was the first pilot on the first day of the AOPA Summit in Nov 2010 in Long Beach, CA to walk up to the Precision Flight Controls MFD (the 5 screen monster) and say, "what's this all about?"

There's still a way to go, and there are certainly lots of pieces of content to still be added to the site in the future, but I'm very happy with the new site (it's still under wraps), the signup process is going well, and everyone seems pretty excited about the Saturday launch. If I have any time left at all, I will try to plan some sort of a launch event for Saturday, but right now, my sights are set on finishing up what's needed for the launch.

Thanks for the support, everyone!
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Page saved for posterity!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Update to the launch plan. The web site will launch at or around 6am PDT on Oct 1. Invitation emails will be sent out tomorrow morning to announce the launch of the service.

The number of open slots for the Charter Program will be set at 100 when the site launches.

If there are any questions about the conversion from the beta to the live service, fire away.
Phil_ANW

Post by Phil_ANW »

The only question I can think of is will there be focus airports for the 6:00am PDT opening?!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Phil, the new web site will become visible around 6am PDT. The ATC SERVICE starts at 8am PDT.

Yes, we plan on having focus airports listed if we can get around to the new format that I have in mind. It's truly up to people where they fly, though. The suggested fields will simply bring like-minded people to the same area.
Phil_ANW

Post by Phil_ANW »

Thank you! I'm looking forward to some flights tomorrow!