Quick question before I sign up and purchase

craiggear

Quick question before I sign up and purchase

Post by craiggear »

If I want to fly from CYVR to KPSP say (YVR J5 SEA PAAGE Q11 PAWLI Q11 PASKE OYVEY SIZLR2) will the network let me connect in CYVR before wheels up? Would I then just pick up IFR in the air like departing from an uncontrolled field? For the reverse trip, would the network let me begin a flight that terminates outside of the controlled airspace?
Keith Smith

Re: Quick question before I sign up and purchase

Post by Keith Smith »

Yes you can connect in Canada. You would call for ATC service approaching the edge of the coverage area (using the FIR/ARTCC boundaries on the low/high enroute charts). Yes, the opposite is true, you can fly from the coverage area to an area outside of the coverage area, we'll just terminate your ATC service at the boundary.

It comes down to how badly you want to fly out of that specific airport. Another option would be to utilize, say, Seattle, instead of CYVR. That would give you full coverage, end to end...every time, which is why most people utilize the network. But, it's up to you.
craiggear

Post by craiggear »

Perfect answer! And yeah I'd most likely use SEA just to get the best experience.

Any option for me to use MyTraffic6 with the client? I've managed to get it installed in v4.

Thanks!
Craig
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Check the P3D forum that we have here, I believe that mappings have been posted for that model set.
craiggear

Post by craiggear »

Thanks Keith