Some Basic Questions

dvlourie

Some Basic Questions

Post by dvlourie »

I been trying find to find how to change the type of plane in PE when filing a plan. I now fly the Arrow (PA28R) and changed from the Panthera (PANT). I know it is easy but one of those things I can't find. Thanks in advance.
Scott Medeiros

Re: Some Basic Questions

Post by Scott Medeiros »

https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/connect-msfs

You'll have to build your aircraft list. Click AIRCRAFT LIST button>Add, then select your aircraft type (P28R). It should be auto filled when you go to file your flightplan through the PE client.

Edit for future readers: This guidance only applies to FSX
Last edited by Scott Medeiros on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dvlourie

Post by dvlourie »

Thanks Scott,

I will try tomorrow. I assume XP works like FSX. Have a great holiday!
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Xplane works entirely different than FSX. In Xplane, when you go to connect, just enter in the ICAO code for your aircraft in the appropriate field. No need to add anything to a list.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The X-Plane plugin reads the ICAO identifier from the actual ACF file, you no longer enter it manually. If it's not specified correctly by the aircraft author (this happens fairly regularly, unfortunately), then you need to fix the ICAO code for the aircraft using PlaneMaker.
dvlourie

Post by dvlourie »

Thanks Keith,
I appreciate the response. Here's to a wonderful New Year for both your families, the real one and the PilotEdge.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

kevin meyers wrote:Xplane works entirely different than FSX. In Xplane, when you go to connect, just enter in the ICAO code for your aircraft in the appropriate field. No need to add anything to a list.
Kevin, that guidance is no longer correct. Users don't manually enter the ICAO code in xplane anymore, it's read from the ACF file via the plugin SDK.