PEaware did not log VFR flights

flyingdrill

PEaware did not log VFR flights

Post by flyingdrill »

Both yesterday and today, I flew VFR from Modesto to Hollister. In both cases I was connected to PE (and logged VFR flight plans). Yesterday, I had no contact with anyone, despite being connected.......Odd, but it can happen. The flight was not recorded in PEaware, however.
Today, I connected, and spoke to Norcal for flight following, with no connection issues. Landed. Waited a while. Disconnected from PE, and got the disconnected pop-up text in X-Plane. Again, the flight was not recorded in PE. Marcus told me my strip had not been altered by him. I'm not exactly hour building on PE (!), but I still like to see my flights. I don't know who to email in PEaware, so I'm asking here.
Keith Smith

Re: PEaware did not log VFR flights

Post by Keith Smith »

I happen to recall that Hollister has changed identifiers over the years (I used to live in Norcal). Let me see if peaware has the right data for that field...
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Sure enough, Hollister did indeed change ICAO codes. I've updated the airport database (I believe it's the one PEaware uses) so that shouldn't be a problem moving forward.

Another common issue is disconnecting too quickly after landing. Prior to disconnecting from the network, you should verify that the flight is listed as completed as peaware. If you disconnect too quickly, the flight will be considered to be incomplete and then removed from the database.
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

So, it was Hollister. Had to be a reason. As for waiting, you will note that I did just that, as that "problem" had reared its head at some time in the past, and I had been advised to wait (probably by you, Keith!). I do usually check on the PilotEdge home page to see if my flight has been logged as completed before disconnecting. This is how I first noticed that there was no record, and looking at the PEaware page confirmed it. Anyway, the mystery of these two flights is settled. Thanks.
Salire

Post by Salire »

I flew IFR from KSAC to KRNO yesterday and then looked at my data on PEAware. Now that flight is gone. Any ideas what happened? Can I get it back?
Sally
PPL Asheville, NC
Salire

Post by Salire »

Yet another flight yesterday dropped from PEAware. I flew from KEUG to KPDX, then went to PEAWARE to look at the track. It was there. But this morning it was gone. That’s twice this has happened in the last month. I’m doing a tour of the Western Expansion and was hoping to aggregate all my tracks of the journey on a map. What’s up with the dropped flights from the log?
Sally
PPL Asheville, NC
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The only thing I can think of would be if you were disconnecting shortly after landing. Peaware may not have detected the fact that you had arrived yet, and if you disconnected, it would consider the flight incomplete and then remove it from the history. Is that a possibility here?
Salire

Post by Salire »

Yes, it is likely. I had to run take care of visitors and I logged off probably less than a minute after landing. But I thought it strange that I could review it soon after and later it was gone.
Sally
PPL Asheville, NC
Tim Krajcar

Post by Tim Krajcar »

In the future, you can ensure this does not happen by verifying your PEaware flight shows as 'Landed'. Flights that are 'in progress' when the pilot disconnects will be purged after an hour.
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube