Realistic Sounding ATC...Reviving old topic

cruster

Re: Realistic Sounding ATC...Reviving old topic

Post by cruster »

One minor concern with the new audio experience...in my headset, the audio levels are incredibly low, even with volume cranked to 100. This is not the case in other applications (e.g., WebEx, Skype). This low volume condition leads to some potential for misheard directions. (Although, I will allow that might just be me being dense.)
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

When you say volume cranked to max, where is the volume cranked exactly? With X-Plane (on most planes) you can actually use the radio volume knob in the plane, or you can go into the sound settings and crank the radio slider up there.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
jport1

Post by jport1 »

Any progress with P3D?

Joe
cruster

Post by cruster »

Shawn Goldsworthy wrote:When you say volume cranked to max, where is the volume cranked exactly? With X-Plane (on most planes) you can actually use the radio volume knob in the plane, or you can go into the sound settings and crank the radio slider up there.
In Windows and using the volume knob on the audio panel in sim. The one place I did not check was the general audio settings in XP11. Hadn't occurred to me that I should, so thanks!
jport1

Post by jport1 »

jport1 wrote:Any progress with P3D?

Joe

Any update, please?? :D
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

I would imagine that you will know when there is something to update. They are pretty good about announcing changes and updates on the facebook page, via email, using discord and the forums and more.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

jport1 wrote:
jport1 wrote:Any progress with P3D?

Joe

Any update, please?? :D
Have been at Oshkosh for a week, waking up at 6am and returning to the house no earlier than 10pm on most evenings for 8 days straight. I haven't had a chance to sync up with the P3D developer to integrate this yet. The P3D client is written in a different language to the X-Plane plugin, so it's going to take some coordination.

I'm going to find out what issues might exist with the model matching, then the audio.

Please understand that we don't have a full time dev team. I fit in development, or coordination of development with others, among many other tasks. I realize it's not ideal but there are literally not enough hours in the day.

I fully understand that people are excited about the VHF modulation, it was a huge step forward. Rest assured, we're going to do what we can to get it rolled into P3D.
jport1

Post by jport1 »

Thank you so much for the info. I Understand full throttle multitasking. I’m and I am sure others are looking forward to this modification.

Again, many thanks!

Joe
cruster

Post by cruster »

Shawn Goldsworthy wrote:When you say volume cranked to max, where is the volume cranked exactly? With X-Plane (on most planes) you can actually use the radio volume knob in the plane, or you can go into the sound settings and crank the radio slider up there.
Following up as today is my first chance to fly in a while...Radio slider in XP11 was way to the left. Bumped it up and everything's back to fantastic. Thanks for the guidance!!
jport1

Post by jport1 »

Any update for P3D?