Welcome to....

Kilstorm

Welcome to....

Post by Kilstorm »

One of the things about landing in PE that I really like is the "Welcome to (insert airport name)" shortly after landing and just clearing the active if not before with taxi instructions for parking. Gives me the feeling that I am landing at an active like field. Is there anyway we can hear this more from controllers who are not Keith? Not saying Keith is the only one who does it but when I do get him as a tower controller I can almost count on him giving me the ATC service I feel I am paying for.

EDIT: BTW I fly 99% of the time in WUS so I'm not sure if SoCal is like that as it seems there are different controllers there and perhaps more local type traffic doing patterns and such that keep the controllers active in Tower mode.
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Keith Smith

Re: Welcome to....

Post by Keith Smith »

I'm glad you like it, but I suspect it's a function of the fact that I don't work the scope a lot. Even then, I only say it from time to time as the mood strikes me. Keep in mind, it's also something that's very rarely said in the real world.

Rest assured, the controllers do appreciate that you're there, especially if you had a relatively deviation-free flight. :)