Program the Contact ATC button on the VR motion controller

surfingslow

Program the Contact ATC button on the VR motion controller

Post by surfingslow »

I am trying to program the Contact ATC button on my Samsung Odyssey VR motion controller so I can have a complete VR experience (no yoke... only pedals and a chair). When I go to the joystick page, I can successfully program one of the buttons of the motion controller. Then I connect to the PE server. However, when I return to the flight and press the button, the X-Plane ATC window pops up instead of the TX annunciation on the radio. Normally, this will occur if I am not connected to the PE server.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?? Please help!

Surfingslow guy..
dvlourie

Re: Program the Contact ATC button on the VR motion controll

Post by dvlourie »

Have you tried deleting the assignment XP gave to the same button or key?
surfingslow

Post by surfingslow »

I deleted that assignment. Still no luck. PE is not detecting that I have a mic because I get the audio message "voice disabled" when I connect to PE. Could that be related? Strangely, the same thing happens when NOT in VR and using my regular Thrustmaster joystick programmed to the PTT.
surfingslow

Post by surfingslow »

I found a pilot intercom and connected that directly the the mic input on the computer. Problem solved! I would much rather use the mic integrated into my VR headset. In the XP preferences, it would be great if it listed recording devices in addition to speakers. And in the voice message after you connect, it should say "mic not detected" instead of "voice disabled" Hopefully that will clear up some of this confusion. thanks.