Mic not registered in X-Plane and PE with Samsung Odyssey VR

surfingslow

Mic not registered in X-Plane and PE with Samsung Odyssey VR

Post by surfingslow »

I am using the Samsung Odyssey VR headset and motion controllers. After connecting to the PE network, I get the iconic "Connected to Pilot Edge, Voice Disabled". I checked to make sure my mic was working on my VR headset.. It tested good. This is a USB headset.. I'm not sure if I need to use my analog mic.. which would be a pain to set up on headset.
Shawn Goldsworthy

Re: Mic not registered in X-Plane and PE with Samsung Odysse

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

Make sure the mic you want to use is set to be the default communication device in your recording devices settings. That's the easy thing to check first.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
surfingslow

Post by surfingslow »

It appears my integrated mic in the VR headset is called " MIcrophone Array, Realtek USB 2.0 Audio" in the Recording devices list. I enabled the mic and it is set as the default device. I configured the device in the menus and set the level with an audio test. It appears to be working correctly. In the PE preferences in XP plugins menu, I selected the audio device for the USB 2.0 audio. I am still getting the "voice disabled" message. Is X-Plane not recognizing the USB mic? How do I check this out? Is this an X-Plane bug?

Thanks!
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

Make sure the mic is set as default communication device, not just default device. It does make a difference.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS