Did I Get Booted?

signmanbob

Did I Get Booted?

Post by signmanbob »

I was doing a really nice flight in X-Plane 11 with the FFA320 from KLAX to KDEN and had to go missed because I was too high to land. The controller vectored me back around to the ILS for 35L and just as I was capturing the ILS I hear a women's voice say "Disconnected". Right away, I tried to reconnect but I couldn't.
I checked and my internet was still working good and the Pilotedge webpage showed that Pilotedge was still online (in green) after refreshing the page.
I kept trying, but I could not reconnect at all.
I had a very good landing, thanks to the guidance of the controller, but I was disappointed in getting disconnected right at the end of it. :(

Thank you,
Bob
V-3 * CAT-11 * i-11 Ratings 8-)....Yeah!!
Scott Medeiros

Re: Did I Get Booted?

Post by Scott Medeiros »

Most likely it was a connection hiccup. Things that would get you "booted" from the network would be many deviations, and the controller issuing a third serious deviation warning, you are unresponsive and frozen in a location that is interfering with traffic flow (IE on an active runway or over the final approach fix), or being disruptive to normal network operations.

Disconnections can be frustrating, but at least it wasn't a total crash to desktop! :lol:
signmanbob

Post by signmanbob »

What really frustrated me is that I have never lost a connection with Pilotedge and not be able to reconnect right away. When I pushed the connect button nothing happened, like if I was locked out.
I should have tried to connect after shutting down X-Plane to see if something happened to the plugin.
I can't complain though. It was an outstanding flight and the connection loss was right after capturing the ILS, so, except for the actual landing, I had a connection for the full flight and an excellent ATC experience.

Thank you,
Bob
V-3 * CAT-11 * i-11 Ratings 8-)....Yeah!!
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

It seems to me that this has been happening lately. It kept happening to me serveral days ago and another user posted about a similar experience a few days ago. For next time, the inability to reconnect is likely due to the fact that your callsign is already in use (by your ghost self who PE thinks is still connected). Next time, try adding a letter to the end of your air carrier callsign and see if that lets you reconnect. Then, just explain what happened to ATC and they will work with you to fix it.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

kevin meyers wrote:Next time, try adding a letter to the end of your air carrier callsign and see if that lets you reconnect.
Fun fact, this extra letter added onto a callsign happens in real life too. Obviously not due to connection issues, but if a flight has a continuation of the same flight number and the first segment (say DAL15 from Frankfurt-Atlanta) is delayed, the continuation flight (ATL-SLC) gets tagged as "Alpha" (DAL15A). This is because the ATC system cannot have 2 different flightplans under the same callsign.

So, having AAL1461A would still be a realistic callsign.