Additional air traffic

Anex80

Additional air traffic

Post by Anex80 »

I’ve been loving PilotEdge for some time now but have a question regarding additional air traffic. As I understand it, PilotEdge consists of all human pilots logged into the network and a large set of drone traffic not talking to ATC. The problem with this is that large airports such as KLAS or KLAX are quite sparse and missing typical airline IFR flights you would expect in airports such as those. Is there a way to utilize traffic add-ons or even default traffic to suplement the traffic on the PE network? I understand they wouldn’t talk to PE controllers, but I’m worried that auto-gen traffic may interfere with ATC instructions, such as clearing me to land on a runway that a 737 already occupies.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how others are using their sims to generate more air traffic is greatly appreciated.
Kevin_atc

Re: Additional air traffic

Post by Kevin_atc »

There's nothing stopping you from using your own AI traffic (except for your own personal annoyance of airplanes running into you), but as for PE actually injecting drones into controlled airports- it's probably not going to happen. It would be unrealistic to not hear the pilot in front of you on the runway. Additionally, it would increase ATC's workload extensively to have to sequence real traffic with uncontrolled traffic.

Although it would be theoretically possible for ATC to sequence with drones if the drones all operated certain aspects of flight at specific points, the fact that ATC would have to think about that and wait for it to happen before giving an action to a real pilot would put them down the smoker.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
RogerW

Post by RogerW »

It would definitely increase the controllers stress level to that of a real controller :lol:

I sometimes turn on the drones on the online map when I am flying and there are a lot of them in the SoCal area that I fly in.
I haven't really watched many of them per-say but the few that I have seen in the sim are GA's that take off every ten minutes or so and/or land every ten minutes or so at some of the small airports.
Roger W.
Home: Valkaria, Fl (X59)
PE Rating: CAT-11, I-2
Real World hrs 7, Virtual hrs thousands
FSX
Aircraft: A2A Cessna 182 Skylane
Tail Number: N7365W
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCitoWL ... bagrJnQyrw
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Our controllers are not going to sequence you with your AI traffic. Don't use AI traffic...instead, fly where other people are flying, and take part in events.

If having live traffic nearby is important to you, that's what I'd recommend. If hearing lots of radio interaction is sufficient, then simply fly in Socal, it's generally busier than WUS (on the whole).