Shared pilotedge weather?

Peter_Storm

Shared pilotedge weather?

Post by Peter_Storm »

Hello!

I know this might be a weird question, and I'm asking it from a standpoint of probably not understanding the technical specifications of a suggestion like this.

Would it be possible to have PilotEdge supply the weather, for a shared experience across all the pilots currently on the network?

That way, controllers could warn pilots of empending icing, or heavy rainstorm and rainclouds, and the pilot would see the same, because they have the same weather?

I accept of course that people would use different weather engines, and the lines might not be drawn completely correct - and therein my limited technical understanding - but wouldn't it be cool, to add that aspect too?

A lot of accidents happen because VFR turn into IMC conditions, and pilots make bad decisions because they need to be somewhere, so it's a relevant thing to train.

Anyway, thank you for a great piece of software, and a great community!
Keith Smith

Re: Shared pilotedge weather?

Post by Keith Smith »

Supplying the weather is not really the hard part - sims are capable of grabbing that already. It's a question of how the sim interprets and presents the weather. Building a cross platform weather engine is a massive technical undertaking. I would question the necessity of doing so, given that there are weather engines available for each platform that sync with real world weather.