PILOT ROSTER UPDATE?

w6jl@sbcglobal.net

PILOT ROSTER UPDATE?

Post by w6jl@sbcglobal.net »

I notice that my level reached on the Pilot Roster of Rated Pilots is several flights behind my actual level. (I am now at I-10 as of Jan 7, and will be attempting the I-11 soon, but the Roster shows I-7 for me). How and when is this list updated? It seems that earlier, almost as soon as I completed the flight, it would show up on the roster.

Thanks,
Don H.
N612C
RogerW

Re: PILOT ROSTER UPDATE?

Post by RogerW »

did you verify the update on the roster before logging off PE? If it wasn't on there and you logged off, it's gone into the bit bucket and recycled. Nothin anyone can do. It's a common mistake people make. Always make sure you see it. Shut sown the plane and go look. When you see it, it is safe to log out.

Also a lot of people log out on the taxiway. You must taxi to a non movement area of the ramp before the software will update your pass.
Roger W.
Home: Valkaria, Fl (X59)
PE Rating: CAT-11, I-2
Real World hrs 7, Virtual hrs thousands
FSX
Aircraft: A2A Cessna 182 Skylane
Tail Number: N7365W
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCitoWL ... bagrJnQyrw
Keith Smith

Re: PILOT ROSTER UPDATE?

Post by Keith Smith »

Don,

See the Taking the Tests page: https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/taking-the-tests

It seems that you neglected to follow the procedure on each of the last few ratings, and that the controllers didn't check your CURRENT rating before letting you attempt the next rating. If you'd like to review the ATC audio from your flights to locate the portions where the controller issues the passing grade for the I-8 and I-10, then I will take the time to manually post the I-8 and I-10 results to your account so that you can commence the I-11. Failing that, you can repeat the I-8 and I-10 using the correct procedure, which is bullet proof.

This issue comes up almost daily, though, pilots really need to be following that procedure closely or the system doesn't work.