No ATC audio in Nvidia recording of XPlane flights with PE

w6jl@sbcglobal.net

No ATC audio in Nvidia recording of XPlane flights with PE

Post by w6jl@sbcglobal.net »

I have a new problem when recording, when using latest PE release. This problem did not occur with previous release. When flying in XPlane 11.32, and I select RECORD in Nvidia (alt F9), none of the radio chatter is recorded, not the ATIS, nor any ATC audio. This is when PilotEdge is connected. (It does record the default XP11 ATC audio when PE is not connected). My own microphone audio works normally in either case. I did not discover this until I recorded a one hour flight in its entirety today using PE, only to find that the recording contains everything but the received radio chatter. I have another computer with the previous release of PE, and it works normally in record with PE, with the same XP audio settings. Can this possibly be an artifact of the latest PE release? I would expect it would be discovered by many others if so. Perhaps I am missing something?

TNX for any help,

Don
Keith Smith

Re: No ATC audio in Nvidia recording of XPlane flights with

Post by Keith Smith »

I'd pay close attention to which device the PE audio is being routed, then I'd make sure the audio recording software is capturing that device and including it in the recording. You can test it outside of PE, too, just route some other audio (such as music, or a YT video) to that same device and see if it gets recorded.
w6jl@sbcglobal.net

Re: No ATC audio in Nvidia recording of XPlane flights with

Post by w6jl@sbcglobal.net »

Keith,

Thanks again for your timely response to my question. You were essentially on the mark, but it required 30 mins on the phone with an HP support tech plus a little investigating on my own beforehand. To make a long story short, we downloaded an up to date driver for the PC's built-in audio system. This, together with some trial and error in selecting appropriate Receive audio, and Record audio paths and devices, and I was back in business. How all this got messed up in the first place, remains a mystery (I hate it when that happens, 'cuz then one is never sure he won't somehow stray into the situation again, so I have taken copious notes).
Sorry for wordy response, but I am glad to be up and running on PE again! Your support and timeliness is first rate.

Don (N612C)