Issue with hearing own transmissions/connecting

ctribz

Issue with hearing own transmissions/connecting

Post by ctribz »

Hey, I've been having a weird issue. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes when I go to transmit on a frequency (KSBP tower on 124.000 for example), when I start my transmission I'll start hearing my own words coming back to me in my headset. It's like there's another controller or pilot transmitting that I can hear except it's me. When this happens I'm also not sure if the controller on that freq can hear me at all.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting to the network, and that doesn't seem to fix the issue. I have not yet tried restarting my FS client. Has anyone else had this issue, and is there a fix I'm unaware of?
Keith Smith

Re: Issue with hearing own transmissions/connecting

Post by Keith Smith »

That used to happen if your COM2 radio was set to another tower frequency and that frequency was one that you were receiving. It shouldn't be happening now, though.

Just out of interest, try disabling your COM2 radio (if it isn't already), or try setting it to 122.75, 123.45, or another non-ATC freq.

Also, since this is directly relate to the pilot client software, it would be better if you posted in that forum rather than General. It keeps the forum quality as high as we can by having well-defined sub forums so that all related topics are in the same place.
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

This same thing happened to me last night and today. At first I thought it was com 2 but from what I learned today it was actually the battery draining and radios going out. When that happened I heard myself the moment I hit the PTT.

I then started the engine and all was working normally.
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
gfaerman

Post by gfaerman »

Keith Smith wrote:That used to happen if your COM2 radio was set to another tower frequency and that frequency was one that you were receiving. It shouldn't be happening now, though.

Just out of interest, try disabling your COM2 radio (if it isn't already), or try setting it to 122.75, 123.45, or another non-ATC freq.

Also, since this is directly relate to the pilot client software, it would be better if you posted in that forum rather than General. It keeps the forum quality as high as we can by having well-defined sub forums so that all related topics are in the same place.
I am experiencing the same. Just posted in PE client forum.

Gustavo
gfaerman

Post by gfaerman »

Just in case it helps anyone else.

Re installed 11.32, PE is working fine. I assume radio were busted.

Gustavo
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

gfaerman wrote:Just in case it helps anyone else.

Re installed 11.32, PE is working fine. I assume radio were busted.

Gustavo
No need to re-install LOL! It's a simple dead battery... Just reload the aircraft and be sure you have juice to your batteries.
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air