What's the matter with Texas?

aventura

What's the matter with Texas?

Post by aventura »

I have noticed that there are often several planes connected to PE flying over Texas. Their radios are sometimes connected to frequencies for airports in that area. My understanding is that Texas is not part of the PE ATC-coverage, so I was wondering what they are doing there. Just curiosity, of course, I know flying outside the coverage area is allowed.

In fact, I am guilty of that too. Yesterday I was checking out the awesome Quantam River scenery from PropStrike Studios while connected to PE (although the field is outside the PE ATC coverage area) when another sim pilot joined me for a few laps around the strip. It was kind of fun.
Keith Smith

Re: What's the matter with Texas?

Post by Keith Smith »

There are some commercial operations getting set up over there. We may be able to announce it in the future once they're up and running, depending on what level of participation they are looking for, but for now we're asking that they be given a wide berth as they get set up. Their airspace is not locked down, but if that ends up being required, that's what we'll have to do.
aventura

Post by aventura »

Understood. I'll stay clear of the area ;-)
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

I was hoping this thread was going to be a roast of Texas. LOTS of things are wrong with Texas!! :P
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Jim Parish

Post by Jim Parish »

Well Kevin, seeing that you also are in Texas, rather than try to defend my home state, I will agree we have our share of problems, but then again we do have armadillos and horny toads. :)
manlyman

Post by manlyman »

Kevin, maybe in Dallas, but down here in the hill country things are peachy keen. :D
Joseph Chamberlain

Post by Joseph Chamberlain »

Those are the 80th Flight Training Wing guys... it was easy to tell by the names they logged in with, seems to have something to do with the Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training program as well.

https://www.dvidshub.net/video/658562/8 ... innovation