Apologies

darrenwhitehouse

Apologies

Post by darrenwhitehouse »

My apologies to the sudden PE disconnect that I had to whilst on circuit 2 of my CAT3 at KSBP. I'm flying the vFlyte 140 cherokee and have had no problems and then suddenly on base leg and 'cleared for the option' the plane started pitching violently upwards and stalling. Even with full down trim and idling power and full forward pressure the best I could manage was to keep it level. No idea why - I'm using the Thrustmaster and have never had this problem before. I'll try it off line before trying again but I wanted to apologise for the sudden loss of contact. :-(
Keith Smith

Re: Apologies

Post by Keith Smith »

No worries. In the future, you should be able to go into the xplane data input&output menu and enable the output of some of the flight control systems and joystick inputs to find out what's going on.
darrenwhitehouse

thanks Keith - didn't know you could do that. I managed to get the CAT 3 done last night successfully so I'm hopeful that the Gremlins have gone. What a fantastic service PE edge - my subscription is upgraded! RIght, on to the CAT 4! I've promised myself a treat of the Aerobask DA62 for my IFR training as a reward for passing all of my CAT ratings so I'm keen to progress :-)
Nelajainen

Post by Nelajainen »

You have crashed like sometimes it happens IRL with aircrafts on pattern.
All of a sudden. Unexpected. Very realistic.
darrenwhitehouse

Hi - okay so this just happened again, this time on my Cat 5 about 15 miles west of Bakersfield. i'm flying default Cessna 172 and I'm connected to LA centre on 135.5 and squawking 5676 and all is good. I'm on Autopilot but looking out for landmarks etc. Then I see clouds ahead so I decide to descend and then it all goes haywire, aircraft pitching up (see earlier post). I pause sim and recalibrate, eventually get everything under control and continue on way but radios are silent. 12 miles outside the class D i start turning awa to avoid incursion to airspace as I've heard nothing from LA centre. Eventually I tune to bakersfield approach and request Radio Check which comes back 5x5 and a message from ATC that they have been trying to reach me. :? I apologised and said I had technical problems and would try again and the controller was very professional and gracious but i need to get to the bottom of this. I will look at how to get the read out from X plane on the controller as Keith suggested but i wonder whether it's related to disconnecting autopilot in some way?
darrenwhitehouse

Have tried to recreate this morning (not on Pilot edge) but have had no luck in doing so. Have outputted controls to data.txt file which I have attached but not sure how helpful it is as i could not recreate the problem. Am I recording the right things? is there anyone more knowledgeable than me able to spot anything wrong in this file? Any thoughts much appreciated
dhplane

Post by dhplane »

My apologies to the controller handling my flight from KSMX to KBFL today about 4pm... my system crashed without warning (after a Windows automatic update)... I’ll try again later...

Joey C.
N4139Q
RogerW

Post by RogerW »

Happens a lot, I'm sure.
I call it being abducted by aliens.

:shock:
Roger W.
Home: Valkaria, Fl (X59)
PE Rating: CAT-11, I-2
Real World hrs 7, Virtual hrs thousands