Thanks PE for helping me get my IFR rating!

wazooda

Thanks PE for helping me get my IFR rating!

Post by wazooda »

Just want to give a big "Thanks!" to the crew at PilotEdge. Did my checkride yesterday out of KSNA and am now Instrument Rated IRL.

I appreciate the controllers here who assisted me in preparing for my check ride by simulating my numerous loops from KSNA-->KFUL VOR-A-->>KLGB ILS--->RNAV KSNA.

The repetition really came in handy when my DPE failed my vacuum instruments and Garmin 530 on the outbound procedure turn on the VOR-A (I hate compass turns) and then my GPS and Glideslope on the ILS KLGB. Having done those approaches *countless* times on the PE network made it easy to handle the workload while up in the air as they all felt familiar.

Truly an invaluable service.

-Paul
Scott Medeiros

Re: Thanks PE for helping me get my IFR rating!

Post by Scott Medeiros »

Well done, and congratulations Paul!
bbuckley

Post by bbuckley »

Congrats! Getting that Instrument Rating is a big deal!
Commercial / Instrument / KMLB
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Congratulations, Paul!

I realize it's very common practice to know the approaches the DPE will use in advance of the test, however, I'd encourage you to try some approaches at airports which you've not visited before (this is the power of having a sim vs real life) and trying those same emergency procedures. That will really be a solid litmus test and will be a more relevant r/w example IMO.

It's easy to become laser focused on the bubble that is created by the test environment, I just want to encourage you to practice in unfamiliar environments, because that's what you'll encounter when you leave Socal on a long XC trip to a first-time destination.

Congrats again, Paul, getting the IR is not an easy task!
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

Nice work!
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
Ray Salmon

Post by Ray Salmon »

Congrats Paul, nice work!
Ray Salmon
Manager, Pilot Services