Questions about practice at non towered airports and client

markcellis

Questions about practice at non towered airports and client

Post by markcellis »

I'm a student pilot and just completed my first long cross country solo. By the way, PilotEdge helped a lot with me getting comfortable with ATC communication.

I need a lot more practice flying into non towered airports and dealing with the traffic. My training airport is towered so ATC is controlling everything. I saw some weekly vfr challenges posted but they seem to be at towered airports. Is there anything on a regular bases with non towered airports where I can expect 2-3 other aircraft approaching, departing, or in the pattern?

I also fly with FlyQ efb. When connect to X-Plane any AI traffic will show up on my iPad. Will the PilotEdge client do the same thing? Can expect PilotEdge traffic to show up on tcas?

Mark
Scott Medeiros

Re: Questions about practice at non towered airports and cli

Post by Scott Medeiros »

Mark,
If you're not already, join the PilotEdge Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/ZW4DJMp. You'll find a channel named "About to Fly". You could try to rustle up some pilots to join you at an uncontrolled airport. If you don't find any takers, you'll find numerous drones at many of the uncontrolled airports on PilotEdge. They won't be talking on the radio, and may be using a different runway than you are, so keep your head on a swivel!

Scott
bbuckley

Re: Questions about practice at non towered airports and cli

Post by bbuckley »

Mark, I fly on PE almost every day and I’d be happy to meet at a non towered airport of your choice and do some circuits so you can hear proper position calls. I have both ZLA and WUS. You can either PM me here, or post on Discord as Scott mentioned. I check them both fairly regularly. Maybe we can get one or two others to join in.
Bruce
Commercial / Instrument / KMLB