INSTRUMENT RATED!!

Greg Pfeil

INSTRUMENT RATED!!

Post by Greg Pfeil »

Hey guys!!

Yesterday I passed my Instrument checkride!! I wanted to thank Keith, and the entire team here at Pilotedge for such an amazing product! Using PE most definitely prepared me for the training and checkride! Now onto the commercial and CFI ratings! I just wanted to thank you all!!!

-Greg
bbuckley

Re: INSTRUMENT RATED!!

Post by bbuckley »

Hi Greg!
Congrats on this super achievement!
Bruce
Commercial / Instrument / KMLB
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Hey Greg,

Congratulations! It's great to hear another success story knowing that our network helped you cross the finish line. How did the oral and checkride go?
Greg Pfeil

Post by Greg Pfeil »

I honestly felt really prepared for the oral. I think it went really well. The checkride also felt good, we did a pilot nav vor circle approach, then taxied back. Took off and got radar vectors for an ILS approach at a nearby field, then vectors for an rnav lpv approach. I felt really prepared. After doing so many hours on here, my coms were precise and clear and ATC knew exactly what I wanted. After getting established in the hold, ATC cleared me for the approach but I was way too high, so I exercised my PIC authority and asked for a radar vector and lower. Overall, I feel prepared to fly IMC in the real world.
wpatrick

Post by wpatrick »

Congrats! I'm an IR student as well. Passed my written recently and have started increasing the frequency of flying with my CFII. I find myself "not knowing what to do next" at times to stay ahead of the plane/ATC, so I'm hoping that practicing with PE will help me anticipate what ATC will be doing, the directions they'll be vectoring me, etc.

Best of luck on your commercial. That will be my next venture as well.

Wade