Question about wireless headset used for gaming?

Prezzman1991

Question about wireless headset used for gaming?

Post by Prezzman1991 »

I have a question about if a wireless headset could possibly be used for communication? I get the sounds of the plane but when I log into PE it says "connected to pilot edge, voice disabled". I wasn't sure if this had been touched on anywhere else but I was just wondering if I needed a specific type of headset for using PE. My headset is Turtle Beach Stealth 700's and they work with vatsim fine but I wanted to use pilot edge for training/realism purposes and haven't been able to use these so far. Thanks for any feedback on this!
Marcus Becker

Re: Question about wireless headset used for gaming?

Post by Marcus Becker »

There are strangely some headsets that don't seem to work. I had one and was able to fix it by changing the settings in windows for my microphone. On the Advanced tab under "Microphone Properties" I changed the default format to 1 channel, 16 bit, 16000 Hz and it magically works. I can't say that it will work for everybody but I've tested my headset on 3 PCs with the fix and it works great.
Prezzman1991

Post by Prezzman1991 »

Thanks for the feedback I will definitely try that because I’m out of things to try. Any headsets that would suggest be best to try?
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

I know the list is small that doesn't work. From what I remember Jabra is a brand to avoid with Pilotedge in mind. I use a discontinued Plantronics that I had to find the workaround to use.
Foxbat_25

Post by Foxbat_25 »

Speaking of wireless headsets, which one would you recommend if someone was asking for something that doesn't have issues with reception, but doesn't receive "too well" either; the thing is that I'm likely to move soon to one of these apartments for sale in Berlin, and I don't want my wireless headset to mess with the neighbors' stuff.
Last edited by Foxbat_25 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

I'm also looking to go wireless, and welcome suggestions for a wireless headset.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Scott Medeiros wrote:I'm also looking to go wireless, and welcome suggestions for a wireless headset.
I love my Logitech 930. Worked great for controlling too since you can map PTTs on the headset itself. Comfortable with great sound quality.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord