Few newbie questions

jagerderek

Few newbie questions

Post by jagerderek »

Hello, few questions I couldn't find answers in forum for. 1. Can I connect to network in flight just prior to arriving in coverage area from outside of coverage. IE, flying into Oakland from Hawaii. 2. If doing the CAT program as a western expansion customer, do I have to switch subscriptions to fly the ZLA legs? (Being an actual private pilot student, don't have extra money to pay for both areas currently). Any help appreciated! Very happy to have taken the step to pilotedge! Only a couple flights so far and am thoroughly impressed!!! :D
Kevin_atc

Re: Few newbie questions

Post by Kevin_atc »

jagerderek wrote:Hello, few questions I couldn't find answers in forum for. 1. Can I connect to network in flight just prior to arriving in coverage area from outside of coverage. IE, flying into Oakland from Hawaii. 2. If doing the CAT program as a western expansion customer, do I have to switch subscriptions to fly the ZLA legs? (Being an actual private pilot student, don't have extra money to pay for both areas currently). Any help appreciated! Very happy to have taken the step to pilotedge! Only a couple flights so far and am thoroughly impressed!!! :D
Yes, you may fly into/out of the coverage area. Just find the nearest center frequency on an IFR chart when you’re inbound to the coverage area and call them up.

The CAT and IFR ratings are all within ZLA therefore a ZLA subscription is required to do them. You may either add it whenever you’d like, or you can switch from WUS to ZLA and the chance will take place at your next billing cycle.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord